Toy - Home Alone

GoldD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep ours is hanging from the patio too, barely touched. Got two beagles so they're pretty food motivated and one of them especially loves playing tug but neither of them really showed much interest. And it wasn't cheap either, maybe I will investigate this money back guarantee from the manufacturer....

Our kelpie-x Shiva has one and she seems to enjoy it - there's a video of her using it on You Tube

It sure looks like Shiva loves her Home Alone toy. :D

Yeah, she really gets into it in that clip. It's hanging from our pear tree so for the last few months it's been out of action as I'm sure her vigorous tugging would have sent the pears tumbling down. Would have been quite funny to watch, but I'm sure getting clunked on the head with a couple of ripe pears would turn her off the toy pretty quickly. :D

Edited by nanna

Our kelpie-x Shiva has one and she seems to enjoy it - there's a video of her using it on You Tube

It sure looks like Shiva loves her Home Alone toy. :D

Yeah, she really gets into it in that clip. It's hanging from our pear tree so for the last few months it's been out-of-action as I'm sure her vigorous tugging would have sent the pears tumbling down. Would have been quite funny to watch, but I'm sure getting clunked on the head with a couple of ripe pears would turn her off the toy pretty quickly. :D

That's funny! When I watched the clip I didn't realize it was a pear tree, but I thought it would be a great way of picking the high fruit from an apple tree. ;)

GoldD, I'll get back to you about the Home Alone toy, but I forgot to mention, the other Aussie Dog toy I bought at the same time was the large Turbo Chook - both my boys have a LOT of fun with this toy - constantly trying to kill it and have almost succeeded, the toy is almost in shreds but that sure was worth the $90 odd it cost! :D

I just dug it out of the toy box tonight and they have both been throwing it around all night, now Dougal is having a good chew on it :D I reckon it will last a few more weeks, maybe months yet......until there's nothing left to chew on or throw around!

For those whose dogs enjoy the home alone toy, did you do anything in particular with it when you hung it up?

Mine is currently in the puppy yard unused , they had a go at trying to get the cat food out, which I have in there as the pieces are small enough to fall out around the rope, I think I might try turning it so the hole faces down and more food comes out.

sidoney, with my silky i just filled up the ball and started first off with playing a sort of tug of war with her and shaking it so the treats came out when she pulled the thong, she is extremely food motivated so it only took her a couple of minutes to work out that tugging it means food, then i hung it up once she clued on.

• 2 weeks later...

We have these at work, and Atlas LOVES them...

but...

He doesnt understand that you use your mouth... he keeps headbutting it and hitting it with his paws....

Will have to find out what size the ones at work are, as i will need the same size!

I wil be getting one as soon as i can afford it!

Anyone in SA thinking of any of the Ausse Dog range, Joe has a stand at the Adelade Pet Expo this weekend. He usually has some good expo special prices when he is here.

Turbo Chook is a favourite in our house as well. Mine is 4 years old and going well, Jazz (7 months old) goes mental over it daily and even though it was already old and worn it is holding up to her extremely vigorous play.

My Home Alone is currently sitting unused as we have nowhere in the new house to attach it but they all liked playing with it when it used to be up before we moved. I got them interested by putting some food in and initiating a game of get the tug with them and they quickly worked it out. And they also know that a single hard tug and let go so the ball bounces around is far more effective at food releasing than lots of little tugs. Most of the time i didn't bother putting food in though and they, Piper in particular, would still play with it.