Drive Training Workshop

Just wondering if there is anyone on here who would be interested in a drive training workshop - probably a 1 day sometime in the next couple of months.

If your interested - first in best dressed, let me know - places will be limited

i can confirm date and costs soon :laugh:

CONFIRMED

Your invited to attend: Training in Drive Workshop

28th June 2008

At K9 Force training Facility at Kurrajong Heights NSW (west of Sydney)

0900hrs - 1700hrs with a 1 hr lunch break

Bring your dog!

This workshop covers pretty much everything that is covered by his distance learning package which costs $400

This 1 day workshop costs $90!!! :eek:

There are 15 spots up for grabs

***15 DEPOSITS TAKEN/RECEIVED***

Ruthless (PIF)

Reddog21 (PIF)

Dwynwyn (PIF)

AO (PIF)

Dogs4fun (PIF)

wobbly

whyteridge

Mrsdog

kamuzz

Luvinshep (PIF)

winterpaws (PIF)

Luke dixon 1 (PIF)

Luke dixon 2 (PIF)

+1 non DOLer (yes they do exist!) (PIF)

+1 non DOLer (PIF)

+1 non DOLer (PIF)

Jakesmum

labRADor (PIF)

OK so looks like we have our final 18 (with a few who have paid I'm awaiting receipt in my account) - apologies to all those who may have missed out this time, i'm hoping to have another session later in the year and will keep people informed

I would like to have a couple of back up people in case for any reason those already coming have to pull out etc so anyone who is not on the list who might be interested in being a reserve please contact me.

Thx

B

Edited by Akitaowner

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to. I definitely need all the training I can get :laugh:

ETA - about 10 minutes before finding this thread I was racking my brain trying to figure out new ways to channel Jarrah's tug obsession, she even brings bones she's just dug up (muddy gobbets of meat hanging off them and all - right into my lap lol) and offers them to me for a game of tug. Drive training sounds perfect for her - prey drive, play drive, food drive, affection drive - she's got it all going on in a serious way - I need help learning to channel it all in a way thats fun and useful for us.

Edited by Wobbly

As a bit of a side note my family and I are thinking of making a weekend of it and possibly staying there on the friday and Saturday nights. Would anybody else be interested? If there was a few of us maybe we could hit them up for a (group discount) The accomodation we are considering is below.(from the dogzonline web site)

Dog Friendly Accommodation

Madison's Mountain Retreat, NSW

Accommodation Name - Madison's Mountain Retreat

Location - Kurrajong Heights, NSW (1880 Bells Line of Road)

Contact Details - 0245677398

Type of Accommodation - Self Contained Unit/Cottage

Details - Madison's is set on acreage, with 8 cabins and 2 refurbished train carriages. Space, peace and quiet. Swimming pool, tennis court, games room, library, farm animals (alpacas, chooks), massage available by appointment. Lots to do, or just relax in the cabin with a cosy log fire, spa bath, kitchenette, DVDs, and huge breakfast hamper. Each cabin can sleep up to 5, and there is a common room, gorgeous gazebo, and huge shed for get togethers. Ideal for couples, families, weddings and larger groups.

Rating - (Out of a possible 5 ... 5 being excellent)

This review was submitted on 12-Jun-06 by D

converted TRAIN CARRIAGE $380

STANDARD CABIN $485

SPA CABIN $565

These prices are the total for the TWO nights (Fri and Sat) including a breakfast hamper and including a $60 excess for the two kids which obviously you can remove if you are not taking children.

OK, if there are any spots left count me in. Think you need a fluffy dog just to keep you on the straight and narrow and part of the real world! Just 'cause my gun dog doesn't look like a gundog doesn't mean we can't surprise you.

Noels.

OK, if there are any spots left count me in. Think you need a fluffy dog just to keep you on the straight and narrow and part of the real world! Just 'cause my gun dog doesn't look like a gundog doesn't mean we can't surprise you.

Noels.

Hey that will make 2 fluffies! I'm taking my standard poodle. :thumbsup:

im updating the 1st post with the number of deposits ive received roughly daily.

there are about another 10- 15 or so interested in the remaining places at present who i have sent my bank details to so first to send the deposit gets a spot!

:thumbsup::cheers::cheer:

i'll look forward to meeting you all!

I wish the time would go faster.

I know I said I'd be in the car pooling in PMs AO, but I'm thinking it would not be the best idea, Jarrah has been overly dominant with other dogs, and although she has been very friendly in controlled on leash meetings over the last fe weeks, I'm not sure how she'd go confined in a car with another dog for the duration of the drive.

Myself and Mr Wobbly are also thinking we might make a weekend of it, though and staying in Kurrajong the night if you are still organising that Luke. :)

• 2 weeks later...