Bones And Dancing?

Just a question, when I give my puppy chicken necks or other bones, she does this thing where she kind of scratches the grass with all four legs and moves backwards before she eats it. I'm probably not describing it right but if you've seen it, you'll know exactly what I mean.

Anyway, does anybody know what it means and does anybody else's puppy do it?

I'm not sure whether its the same thing, but I call it 'burn outs' where the dogs scratch and kick up ground with all 4 feet ???

If it is the same thing, all of my dogs do this after they have done a poo, and it is to spread their scent :) so maybe puppy is telling everyone that it is her bone before she eats it ??

When I give my 2 a pig's ear, they put it on the floor and jump on it with their front feet, growl and bark at it, and some times roll in it.

Its the funniest thing to watch and I wonder if it has something to do with wolf like instincts of having to kill their food?????

I'm not sure whether its the same thing, but I call it 'burn outs' where the dogs scratch and kick up ground with all 4 feet ???

If it is the same thing, all of my dogs do this after they have done a poo, and it is to spread their scent :thumbsup: so maybe puppy is telling everyone that it is her bone before she eats it ??

Yeah my pup does that after she poops too! But only in recent months...

Our kelpie does this "dance" too, but after having a wee. And she likes to wait till the ridgie has wee'd first, so she can wee on top then do her little "scritching thing" (as i call it :p ).....mad kelpies!

She also started doing this at obedience classes, before we started when all the dogs were gathered around in a group, she would also give a little yodel as well...Dunno what any of this was about at all, but everyone thought it was very cute :rofl:

RG