Dally With Big Lump In Throat

juice

last night i noticed my dally, appollo had a lump in his neck. :( its right under his jaw, in the loose skin, but the size of my cupped hand, and hard :)

i'm sure i would have seen it before, now i'm worried its a growth, but could it be a bite?

gave him a dose of antihistamine last night, but still the same this morning. given him another dose.

any advice :(

Guest Piximatosis

Number of things it could be buddy, go see Sheba. :(

THEN bring him to lure coursing on Monday :(

sheba is away until the end of april :( and met her stand in a few weeks back, when appollo had a sore eye, and was not impressed. :(

anyone else good to go to, zammit?

had forgotton about lure coursing, are you going?

Guest Piximatosis

Bloody Sheba! I think I paid for that holiday :(

Zammit is supposed to be good, the people at Sydney Animal Hospital (Norwest) are also good but will charge you an arm and a leg. That was where I took Kaeleigh first off with her lump.

And yep, I'm going, with Holly & Desmo. :( Would be great to see you there and catch up again?

I've been put off by Sydney Animal Hospital - bit like a bulk billing medical practice there.

If you can travel - go to the Lane Cove Vet Clinic - they will look after you!

Angs had a huge lump the other day - suspected bite but when we stuck the needle in and drew a sample it was an abcess. If it is an abcess then the worst it will do is erupt outwards through the skin but best to have it drained and anti-biotics.

thanks, won't be going near the animal hospital again, he's already been, had blockage on a bank holiday, and only place open, they were rubbish, and it cost me $2,700 :rainbowbridge:

it has definatley only just appeared, its really big and solid, i would have felt it before i'm sure :p just deciding where to go, may use the dch vet at quakers.

Lindsay Hay and co up at Baulkham Hills Vet are good as well if you wanted an alternative. Hope he's ok.

You know I also vote for them. I know they are "expensive" but Zammit isn't any cheaper.

Edited by kamuzz

• 4 weeks later...

update.

lump went down after a few days, had been to see blair at quakers hill ,who thought it could have been a salivary gland, which he had knocked.he said it should go down, it did. but 2 days ago it started to get bigger again :dummy:

so this morning we went back, it is the size of my hand, and had started to seep blood.

he took a needle to it, and lots of blood came out, but not oozing gunk or anything. so he is going in tommorrow for surgery to see what it is.

he seems to think it could be a grass seed which is causing a problem, or done damage :dummy:

bit worried for my big man, just hope its ok when he opens him up, he hates the vet and cries the whole time he's there :dummy:

post-3531-1208061216_thumb.jpg