Croydon & District Obedience Dog Club

Ok........Sent off my entry today (scammed more time off work) :confused:

ooooh, oooooh I wanna meet you too Dogdude. Please come and say hello. I'll be there with the only choc (well normally the only one) BC :rofl:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BC

Yep! Keep my eye open for you. There was a lovely choc BC at the Portland Double trial that missed out on the H.I.T by one point (was competing in Open) Think the same lady had a B&W one too. Both were scoring in the 190s.

Yeah Jules..........Oscar is going ok, not him i'm nervy about. It seems that nearly everyone that I know in the trialling world is going to be at Croydon, even the family this time.

I prefer to slip under the radar if I can :rofl:

LOL DD - I'm very nervous about the trial - but not really for Leo - to make sure it all runs smoothly!!! ROFL!

We ended up with about 110 entries, so classes will be big I think :laugh:

BC - Definitely WONT be the only Choc BC as we have several at CDODC that do agility (as Jules said).... at least 3 off the top of my head will be in CCD/Novice :laugh:

Leo at the moment can go anywhere (as in pass/ fail) so we'll see how we go :rofl:

BC - Definitely WONT be the only Choc BC as we have several at CDODC that do agility (as Jules said).... at least 3 off the top of my head will be in CCD/Novice :laugh:

:laugh: nice !!! I always see the same B/W and Reds at trials but never any Chocs so I'm looking forwrd to it :rofl:

LOL DD - I'm very nervous about the trial - but not really for Leo - to make sure it all runs smoothly!!! ROFL!

Leo at the moment can go anywhere (as in pass/ fail) so we'll see how we go :rofl:

Hi LP.. Yes I should be there on Sunday as long as I remember to pack a dog... and the right equipment ( I can't remember what class I entered Tux in) as I am staying at a friends house and have to work out how to get there from Brighton as well as how long the trip would take.

Well done on the entry numbers.

C U there

Kallistar

BC - Definitely WONT be the only Choc BC as we have several at CDODC that do agility (as Jules said).... at least 3 off the top of my head will be in CCD/Novice :love:

Leo at the moment can go anywhere (as in pass/ fail) so we'll see how we go :D

Hi LP.. Yes I should be there on Sunday as long as I remember to pack a dog... and the right equipment ( I can't remember what class I entered Tux in) as I am staying at a friends house and have to work out how to get there from Brighton as well as how long the trip would take.

Well done on the entry numbers.

C U there

Kallistar

You entered both Kallistar :thumbsup:

See you there :love:

I'm nervous cos we are on 2 passes! Will just see how we go on the day, every experience is a good one (well I will keep telling myself that anyway!)

Even that experience of tripping over the ring ropes that Jules so desperately wants to see!

The morning before the trial and we just completed our laziest training drill ever!

Done all the work correctly, but looked like he was sleep walking :( There was absolutely nothing I could do to get him anything near exited to work. I was soooo disappointed because the forecast is for the same conditions tommorrow morning.

No wind + heat over 23 degrees = Oscar nap.

I still plan to show up though.......I will try a shower of cool water just before I enter. That improved him a little bit last trial.

I wish they held night time trials in Melbourne!!!!!

We have the same here forecast tomorrow - 25 and a 10am start. Not to mention the pony club are apparently having a gymkana and the GSD club are training inside the grounds where they usually have the UD/Open rings so UD will be outside in the sticks with the rest of them. May as well not show up now. Although I did attempt a couple of jumps with Ness's cool coat on today on the off chance she is on later in the trial and I decide to trial her in it. Good to see she can still jump.

ETA Oops no make that 27 :( .

Edited by ness

Ditto its not good especially on the dogs. They could at least hold night time trials. I can imagine by after lunch tomorrow it will be just a wee bit too warm. So whats the verdict do I attempt to trial her in a cool coat. Not something I have ever done before but I have zero to no hope of getting her through in that temp.

Well.........I know I can get maybe another 15% out of him by wetting him on a hot day, but I guess that you know her best.

I just dont want to give my bugger the satisfaction of sunning his little butt at home after a tediously planned preperation! He was just peaking nicely till this morning.

Can't change the weather though..........and will be the same for everyone I suppose...........but I know some dogs that actually work better in the warm stuff.

I think I winged about the heat last time too and he managed a 196 so maybe he will magically come good overnight? Not on this mornings performance.