Nutro No Longer Available In Australia

4 Paws

I'm thinking I might try vets All Natural as a replacement. :laugh:

Any opinions on that? :laugh:

Such a pain. My girl has been doing so well in Nutro. We have a few months supply there now, thank goodness. I just happened to lob into the store to restock and managed to score a 15kg bag. The last one.

Yep Miranda its a real bummer when we have been feeding for 7 1/2 years. :love:

The notification goes on to say that these temperatures and pressures are, to their knowledge, higher than is required anywhere else in the world.

There is an alternative which has been proposed by A.Q.I.S., and that is Gamma Irridiation, which is NOT acceptable to Nutro, its retailers, or its consumers.

There was an instance late last year where some of Nutro's Lamb and Rice had been affected by the irridiation and it left a bad smell to the product which caused dogs here not to touch it. Those bags were immediately recalled.

I stopped using it after that happened. I am now on Nutrience Holistic and the dogs are doing really well on it!

Yep - I tried my dogs on it around about that time but they absolutely hated it - now I'm wondering if I got a bad batch? Oh well - guess it's all irrelevant now.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all... Been so long since we have been around and we just found out about the nutro supply :D :D Just wondering what everyone else is trying???? Monty has been on Nutro Lamb & Rice for almost 2 years now and it was the best thing that we could have fed him - it cleared up all his sensitive skin probs. Anyway not very happy at all but today hubby came home with a bag of Nutrience Derma to try til we can find something up to the quality of Nutro or better. ANY IDEAS???? Am thinking that Orijen is maybe too much protein for a Dally and REFUSE to go to PP to get Innova. Has anyone heard anything about Natural Balance? I would be very interested to see what hesapandabear thinks because they put me onto Nutro to start with :mad All ideas welcome

MM

HI all... Been so long since we have been around and we just found out about the nutro supply :D :D Just wondering what everyone else is trying???? Monty has been on Nutro Lamb & Rice for almost 2 years now and it was the best thing that we could have fed him - it cleared up all his sensitive skin probs. Anyway not very happy at all but today hubby came home with a bag of Nutrience Derma to try til we can find something up to the quality of Nutro or better. ANY IDEAS???? Am thinking that Orijen is maybe too much protein for a Dally and REFUSE to go to PP to get Innova. Has anyone heard anything about Natural Balance? I would be very interested to see what hesapandabear thinks because they put me onto Nutro to start with :mad All ideas welcome

MM

lol I am so glad that I was not the last one to find this out!!!!

I would try Eagle pack, for a skin problem.

I am going to try and change my guys over to a natural diet, then maybe Nutrience if I could find someone other then the petshop that stocks it.

I really wish Australian dog food companies would get their act together and match some of the high-end USA products!!

I use Eagle Pack Holistic, but would MUCH rather use something Aust made. From what I can tell Advance seems the best Aust-made food but that contains a number of ingredients I'm not too sure about!!

I swapped from Nutro lamb and rice to Orijen adult and one of my gsd's used to be itchy before we got onto the Nutro and she's had no itchiness on the Orijen.

You can get a 400G Orijen pack to try for $5

We've found that the two old girls have happily switched to Orijen. Both are loving it - to the point that it is the only thing that gets Penny (the oldest) on her feet.

After initially offering as much per meal as with Nutro, I'm now reducing the volume as they are not looking for as much - which for two, normally food orientated Saints is a miracle.

So far, I'm impressed. Happy dogs. Coats great. Appetite fulfilled.

Sags

We've found that the two old girls have happily switched to Orijen. Both are loving it - to the point that it is the only thing that gets Penny (the oldest) on her feet.

After initially offering as much per meal as with Nutro, I'm now reducing the volume as they are not looking for as much - which for two, normally food orientated Saints is a miracle.

So far, I'm impressed. Happy dogs. Coats great. Appetite fulfilled.

Sags

I've found the same thing,I've had to reduce the amount by about a 1/3 so overall it doesn't work out that expensive