Daisy Has Crossed The Bridge

Kadbury

I am sad to announce that a dear DOL member Sumosmum has lost her Darling Daisy on 19/04/08 who gave 17 years of Love and companionship to her family. I had the Pleasure of meeting Daisy and she was such a darling girl.

I know that she will be missed and will be waiting at the Bridge :laugh: for Sumosmum

Please send a message to Sumosmum as she is really feeling it at this very sad time and I know all DOL members are so supportive at times like this.

Run Free Daisy

Sumosmum, sorry to hear the sad news. But at the same time, you should feel proud, that you have taken care of Daisy so well, that she has lived this long.

Sit back, and treasure those memories that you had with her.

RIP Daisy

Thank you Kadbury for your very kind thoughts, and for starting this thread for my beautiful girl Daisy. Thank you to everybody for your kind wishes and support. It is very much appreciated. :love:

I got Daisy in 1991 as a puppy. I already had my GSD boy Rommel who was 9 months old at the time and he needed a doggie friend. I have always liked having more than one dog for companionship. I saw a sign on a house in our suburb simply saying "Puppies". I thought about it over night, and went to have a look the next day. Her mother was a whippet and the owner had an accidental litter. A nice enough man but had no clue. There were 8 puppies and I came home with Daisy. Her father, I am pretty sure was a red ACD.

Until Daisy was 10yo, she had never been to the vet with an illness. Only visits were for speying and vaccination. In 2001 she was diagnosed with heart failure and was put on meds which worked really well for her. A few years later she got a growth on her toe and had her toe removed. In 2004 we lost Rommel at the age of 14yo and Daisy was devastated. I think she nearly died of a broken heart. It took her a good 6 months to get back to her happy self. From then on, she was even closer to her family. We tried to get her company but she really only wanted her human family.

In late 2006 Daisy got Glaucoma in her left eye and eventually had to have her eye removed in April 2007. We worried about losing her on the operating table because of her heart condition but she came through with flying colours and was so happy after recovering from that operation. I am glad we had the eye removed because until last week, she enjoyed a very happy extra 12months to her life. I think that amount of extra time is a lot for an elderly girl.

Last week Daisy started to look very worn out and sad. Her heart was finally going down hill and she had started having a few other problems. Basically just worn out. We tried very hard to help her but by Saturday, she was very weak so we decided it was the right thing to give her wings. She was very brave while she was sick and never was any trouble to us. We would have done anything to save her but her time had sadly come.

My beautiful girl, we miss you so much. The house has a huge empty space left in it. The last few days have been horrible for us, but I know that you will be happily reunited with your beloved Rommel. We will never stop loving you and will never forget you. Before you left us, I told you how much we loved you, and thanked you for your love and devotion that you gave to us for all of those years. And I said see you later. I hope you understood. You went in my arms, and I will always remember your kisses and cuddles. Love you so much Daisy girl, and thank you so much.

Such a good girl, my little lady. :)

This is a photo of Daisy taken a few months ago. My 13yo daughter has also made a small video of Daisy.

R.I.P. My beautiful girl. :laugh:

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/l...forinternet.flv

Love from Mum, Jazmin, Monty, Minnie and the scary cats :laugh:post-11189-1208772047_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much everyone for the kind wishes and words for us and Daisy. :)

She was a very loved girl, who will never be forgotten. We miss her so much, but have wonderful memories of our great time shared with her. Love you Daisy. :(

Thanks all. :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...