Toileting Stains/smells

mummytodakota

I use the orangepower carpet cleaning liquid. It gets the carpet clean and I can't smell any urine...BUT I am sure the dogs can still smell their urine, as there is one place that they kept going to. Some say to use a product called "urine-off" that will break up the emnzenes in the urine, as will biozet washing powder ( dissolve some in a little water)

I have had a fair bit of success with just the orange power carpet cleaning liquid stain wise, and then putting a little vicks vapour rub on a paper towel, and rubbing that over the area. I have only been doing that for about a week now, and have not seen one repeat accident where I have put it. I have seen the dog sniff and the turn away tho :confused:

How old is puppy? You should be able to minimize accidents by taking the puppy outside for wees every 30 mins when little, and especially after a meal.

I use the orangepower carpet cleaning liquid. It gets the carpet clean and I can't smell any urine...BUT I am sure the dogs can still smell their urine, as there is one place that they kept going to. Some say to use a product called "urine-off" that will break up the emnzenes in the urine, as will biozet washing powder ( dissolve some in a little water)

I have had a fair bit of success with just the orange power carpet cleaning liquid stain wise, and then putting a little vicks vapour rub on a paper towel, and rubbing that over the area. I have only been doing that for about a week now, and have not seen one repeat accident where I have put it. I have seen the dog sniff and the turn away tho :confused:

How old is puppy? You should be able to minimize accidents by taking the puppy outside for wees every 30 mins when little, and especially after a meal.

Kya is 9 weeks old, she still has her accidents though. I will try what u suggested, thanks.

Avoid cleaning products with ammonia as they smell like urine to the dog (they will return to a urine-smelling spot to urinate).

Good luck. :)

ETA sorry I just re-read your post and you already knew that dogs return to the smelly areas. :D

Edited by LuvMyCav

Don't let puppy have access to the whole house until she is fully reliable. She should be in a small room with a tile or lino floor. Take her out regularly. After eating/drinking, playing, sleeping & every hour in between. It's a good idea to confine her to a crate while your home & release her every hour, stay with her outside until she goes, say 3 minutes, then back in the crate for another 30 mins & try again. Dogs don't like to soil their sleeping area. Have treats ready for when she goes & praise lavishly.

urine off here too! it saved my life! wonderful stuff... piss off is also pretty good, but urine off is the best product i have used. you can also get a urine off black light to find all the dry stains which you may have missed! (also handy for cleaning the bathroom if you have males living with you :( )

Urine Off here also - great stuff

Ditto .... one bottle was enough for us ... Noodle is now 22 weeks and have not needed to use if for over a month now .. the first few weeks I was wondering about how many bottle I was going to need!! Luckily on lino though.

Urine Off for me too... you can buy it from a seller on Ebay if you don't want to hunt too much for it.. (good price too... !) I've now been through 2 bottles and think another just in case might be a good idea.. My boy at 19 weeks gets lazy at times and will pee if he couldn't be bothered letting me know he has to go outside..