Has Anyone Tried Advance Dog Food?

hey everyone.. I am getting a german shepherd pup next weekend.. and I've always been told that science diet was great food but have now found that it really isnt that good at all!! I was thinking of feeding him advance dry food?? has anyone tried it? you read such bad things about so many dog foods even the so called premium foods! The websites say the good ones are ones I have never heard of and very hard to get in Australia.

Hi kaceymegs

I have previously used Advance and never had a problem with my Shepherds and Malamute, the only reason i am not using it now is i have switched to raw.

A friend feeds all her dogs advance, all she adds is a tin of sardines every night and they all have beautiful shiny coats and are very healthy, you will just have to see if it works for your dog.

What is the breeder feeding your pup at the moment

Hi kaceymegs

I have previously used Advance and never had a problem with my Shepherds and Malamute, the only reason i am not using it now is i have switched to raw.

A friend feeds all her dogs advance, all she adds is a tin of sardines every night and they all have beautiful shiny coats and are very healthy, you will just have to see if it works for your dog.

What is the breeder feeding your pup at the moment

They feed either pro plan or advance. But I think that I will stick with the Advance plus raw as well. I've never heard of feeding dogs sardines but I have seen alot of it on this forum now! Is it just good for their coat?

the best food for your dog is the one it does best on. Raw is great for some, dry is great for others. Experiment a bit and try adding some raw to the dry

I feed 9 dogs advance. I rank it in the same level as the eukanuba I used to use. I would still use eukanuba but for a long time now advance has had 20kg bonus bags for the price of the 15 kg ones so better value for me.

I've also used nutro and its certainly great but not easy to get hold of. I've tried the cheaper brands of dry and always regret it. Loads more poo and loads more smell and they need to eat alot moer than they do of either eukanuba or advance.

Advance turkey and rice is good for me as its tiny kibble so good for my toy breeds and also good for my Kelpie. My Shepherd, Ridgeback x needs a bit more so he's on the energy food or sometimes the puppy food (even higher fat than the energy one.)

They seem to like it just fine.

the best food for your dog is the one it does best on. Raw is great for some, dry is great for others. Experiment a bit and try adding some raw to the dry

I feed 9 dogs advance. I rank it in the same level as the eukanuba I used to use. I would still use eukanuba but for a long time now advance has had 20kg bonus bags for the price of the 15 kg ones so better value for me.

I've also used nutro and its certainly great but not easy to get hold of. I've tried the cheaper brands of dry and always regret it. Loads more poo and loads more smell and they need to eat alot moer than they do of either eukanuba or advance.

Advance turkey and rice is good for me as its tiny kibble so good for my toy breeds and also good for my Kelpie. My Shepherd, Ridgeback x needs a bit more so he's on the energy food or sometimes the puppy food (even higher fat than the energy one.)

They seem to like it just fine.

Tigerjack,just so you know,Nutro is no longer available in Australia as of last week.I used to use it but have recently switched to Orijen

Tigerjack,just so you know,Nutro is no longer available in Australia as of last week.I used to use it but have recently switched to Orijen

sadly, this isn't an issue for me now as my Dane, who I kept on Nutro, was put to sleep last Tuesday at the Grand old age of 13.

eukanuba has done the breeder bags(20 kg) for many more years than advance

I've never seen a breeder bag of Eukanuba, do you need to order them?

edit but still can't make the quotes work

Edited by TigerJack

My dogs do better on Proplan than Advance. I prefer the ingredients with Proplan too. Eagle Pack is available through Pet Stock shops. I mainly use Proplan and then change to a bag of either Advance or Eagle Pack for a bit of a change.

I feed Nutro Lamb and Rice (well I did) but switched to Advance Turkey and rice, (he has sensitive skin and stomach.) Maverick is going well on Advance but doesnt really like it so I mix in a tin of sardines or a tin of Tuna in brine just to make it yummy. We also tried ProPlan when he was younger but it wouldnt put any wieght on him.

Edited by Daggles