Barf Patties

Tiggy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Warden

$23 for how many patties/total weight? They seem very expensive for something so basic :S

$23 for how many patties/total weight? They seem very expensive for something so basic :S

There is 12 patties in each roll well they are boxes now and the weight is 2.72 kilos and each pattie is 227grms.

Belinda

Guest The Warden

I guess if they are using good ingredients (which I bet they are) then that's not too bad.

I guess if they are using good ingredients (which I bet they are) then that's not too bad.

After having Aly on seroids and creams and potions for much of her life she is 7 years old, her itchty skin has reduced so much she has lost weight and so much happier, so guess you can say I will be keeping her on the Barf patties, if it wasnt for this forum and wonderful people :laugh: who told me about them I would be still seeing the same vet and she would be still on the steroids.

She now has a new vet who cant believe she is the same dog she saw a few months back so yep to Barf :laugh:

Belinda

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe the price change in these patties. I think also they have changed the processing as it seems more like a paste now than the texture of the original patties. My Shepherd has gone off the new stuff which made we search around for something else or make it myself.

Luckily I managed to find a new supplier who sells it at $4 kg. Which works out $12 for 300 grams more than the Aussie Raw. And there are more choices and my Shepherd loves it as it is just like the old patties. The only difference is now it is in a roll but it is much easier than the Aussie Raw to handle.

Craig

I get mine form Betters Pets and Gardens and the price hasn't gone up. $19.95 each or $72 for a box of four.

i work at BP+G, and yes, on the other brands, the price hasn't gone up, but the roo has. i think it is now $23/$24 (if i wasn't dyslexic i could remember it LOL)

out of curiosity, which store offers you that bulk price, if i can run it by my boss, i might be able to suggest it when i am trying ot sell the stuff too.

i put a lovely couple onto it last week, they had just got a GR pup from a 'regestered puppy farm' (WA ppl might know where i mean) and it came with the oddest diet sheet. and the pup wasn't well. they lest the store very well informed, and i am so happy to help. this is why i love my job.

I really like the new packaging. I couldn't stand trying to separate the old patties with a knife.

I have just bought a heap of sistema click clack containers and 2 patties fit in each...unwrapped and re-packed them and threw them back in the freezer. Problem solved. :laugh:

Mel.

well Boo has gone off it too, and we have two boxes to get through *sigh* I've resorted to cooking half of it to get him to eat it, not my ideal but better than wasting it all. I think once this lot is gone I'll make my own.

I've resorted to cooking half of it to get him to eat it,

If you mean cooking BARF... then please take care. It contains bone. We always advise never to even thaw in a microwave, let alone actually cook the product.

Keep it frozen - more than likely his tastes will change again and you'll use them.

Sags

I get mine form Betters Pets and Gardens and the price hasn't gone up. $19.95 each or $72 for a box of four.

i work at BP+G, and yes, on the other brands, the price hasn't gone up, but the roo has. i think it is now $23/$24 (if i wasn't dyslexic i could remember it LOL)

out of curiosity, which store offers you that bulk price, if i can run it by my boss, i might be able to suggest it when i am trying ot sell the stuff too.

i put a lovely couple onto it last week, they had just got a GR pup from a 'regestered puppy farm' (WA ppl might know where i mean) and it came with the oddest diet sheet. and the pup wasn't well. they lest the store very well informed, and i am so happy to help. this is why i love my job.

Ok, i lied. the other flavours are $20.99 and the roo is $23.99

I really like the new packaging. I couldn't stand trying to separate the old patties with a knife.

I have just bought a heap of sistema click clack containers and 2 patties fit in each...unwrapped and re-packed them and threw them back in the freezer. Problem solved. :laugh:

Mel.

I dont like the packaging very much I find that they are hard to find a corner to peel back. The rolls Id just drop on the floor and they would seperate easy.

Aly still loves them so guess must be the same :-)

Belinda

If you mean cooking BARF... then please take care. It contains bone. We always advise never to even thaw in a microwave, let alone actually cook the product.

Keep it frozen - more than likely his tastes will change again and you'll use them.

Sags

hrm well I only lightly cooked half (still mostly pink) but if even that could cook the bones I'll steer clear of it and try adding some cooked chicken to it instead.

Sags

hrm well I only lightly cooked half (still mostly pink) but if even that could cook the bones I'll steer clear of it and try adding some cooked chicken to it instead.

If he wont eat it I will buy it for midget guts he is a hoover :laugh:

Just started my first box of the new packaged patties and I think the new packaging is much less messy in the thawing process and I used to hate trying to seperate the round patties. The meat seems a lot fresher packaged this way. More the colour of what fresh meat should look like IMO. Just think the coloured cardboard box is extravagant and wasteful and probably why we have to pay more for it. I purchase a lot of patties (I use 1 box per day for my crew) and think they should offer a bulk size box with just the shrink packed patties inside (ie no fancy coloured cardboard box) and sell the bulk amount for less. I have to unbox them anyway to fit in to freezer.

These new 1 kg BARF rolls made my Canine Country are the way to go. I just cut and peel the plastic wrap off and leave the frozen roll on a tray in my fridge. My Shepherd just loves it and they have seven varieties to keep her happy. At only $4 a kg it leaves the Aussie Raw for dead as far as value. From the response of my Shepherd it gets the paws up! She had stopped eating the new Aussie Raw paste... My next door neighbour has a fussy Pom and she just loves it too. I now buy the bulk box 12kg for only $40 mixed.

Here is a photo from the barf shops online store..

newbarf.png

These new 1 kg BARF rolls made my Canine Country are the way to go. I just cut and peel the plastic wrap off and leave the frozen roll on a tray in my fridge. My Shepherd just loves it and they have seven varieties to keep her happy. At only $4 a kg it leaves the Aussie Raw for dead as far as value. From the response of my Shepherd it gets the paws up! She had stopped eating the new Aussie Raw paste... My next door neighbour has a fussy Pom and she just loves it too. I now buy the bulk box 12kg for only $40 mixed.

Here is a photo from the barf shops online store..

newbarf.png

Wow that's a much better way to buy BARF. Do you know what state they are in, I can imagine postage being very expensive.

Wow that's a much better way to buy BARF. Do you know what state they are in, I can imagine postage being very expensive.

It's from Canine Country in Queensland (Woodridge, just south of Brisbane). I think he supplies other produces and pet stores, but don't know which ones. Great product - get's the thumbs (or paws) up from my guys too - they have been on it for over a year now and they absolutely love it.