Rainbow Bridge Portraits

~Harminee~

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Harminee,

I can't get photo bucket to play tonight , could i e.mail the photo's directly to you ?

I have finally gotten some when he was a pup and with his owner susan.

Birthday date 13/10/92 -17/05/08

She always called him Gizmo but in xmas cards and e.mails it was THE GIZ

As he was with her through thick and thin and all of the hard times {and good} I think i will let you put words to this

for me as I am to stuck for words for this little fella.

Just let me know what's easier for you .

thank you

Julie

Sure

just email them to [email protected] and i will do it tomorrow.

hugs

Maree

Hi,

I have e.mailed them to your addy and hope I haven't clogged up your box as there was 13 in all.

thank you so much

Julie

edited -cos i did it in a damm hurry running out the door LOL

Edited by misha&milo

Hey Harminee.

This is one for my friend Em and her family, their dog Rosie (I havent heard if she has passed yet) but is not with us anymore :rolleyes: so here are a few pics ahe sent me < she has no clue what I'm doing with them :laugh: >

BTW My parents loved sooty's pic their talking about framing it eventually

Thanks so much you are the rainbow bridge angel!

PDRM0095.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

PDRM0106.jpg

PDRM0091.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Harminee,

Here I am asking you yet again to do something for me.

The post below went out on the Yahoo flyball sites today. Jeddah was a remarkable little dog and I think everyone thought she'd go on for ever.

I've got 2 pretty crappy (quality) photos of her and was wondering if you could do something with them.

" I had the sad task of putting my beautiful Little Black Dog Jeddah to sleep this morning. She was 15 years old.

Jeddah was still competing in flyball even this year – her last competition was the Ringwood Highland Games at the end of March, and she was still running remarkably well for an old dog. But soon after that she got Canine Vestibular Syndrome, where she totally lost her balance for a few weeks. She recovered from that, but then had persistent lameness of one front leg. Her muscles deteriorated very quickly with the inactivity, until the last few weeks when she began to have trouble even standing and walking without strong painkillers. Her decline was very fast, but that is how you would like it to be. I am glad that she was so active for so long. It was hard seeing her in pain, but it left me with no choice.

Jeddah lived a very full life. Flyball would have to have been one of the highlights of her life. She started competing in flyball in 1998. Over 10 years she had many flyball achievements that we humans recognise, like earning titles, winning National Championships, setting Australian records, winning Fastest Dogs competitions and or course being honoured to have the Jeddah Award named after her. But she knew none of this, her joy simply came from the running and jumping and being with her canine and human friends. I loved the look of content on her face at the end of a day of racing, tired but completely happy. Apart from flyball, she loved her food, she loved fetching a ball, loved swimming, sleeping in front of the fire and voicing her opinion (her nickname was The Noisy Cricket).

Rest in peace, Jeddah. Thank you for all the good times. Thank you for being my faithful companion. Thank you for leading me to flyball, and sharing the many friendships and achievements. Wait for me at the rainbow bridge.

Cathy "

jeddah2.jpg

jeddah1.jpg

I don't really know Cathy but I know how special Jeddah was to her.

On page 3 of this thread there's a poem which I like that you did for Rex. As for the background I'm not sure. She's not a girly girl, if you know what I mean.

Cathy's last paragraph might be nice on there too. :D

http://www.flyball.com/rockets/jeddah.htm I don"t know if this willhelp.

Edited by 2tollers

Guest Clover

2Ts i have quite a few photos of the gorgeous old girl as well. I will hunt through some CDs and find them.

2Ts i have quite a few photos of the gorgeous old girl as well. I will hunt through some CDs and find them.

Excellent Rhi, that would be great. What do you think of the poem thing? You know her better than I do, is it appropriate?

• Troy unpinned this topic