What Toys Does A Puppy Need?

puppiluv

Does anyone know where to buy the Wubbas on line in Australia ?

Mason and Delta would love another one, Bella does not like toys as much as the others.

Thanks Malisa

http://www.ozpetshop.com.au/advanced_searc...amp;x=0&y=0

http://www.petsonthepark.com.au/webcontent-2.htm?wubba

http://vetnpetdirect.com.au/_search.php?page=1&q=wubba

I think part of the alure for my pup is my constant chanting...'wubba, wubba, get your wubba, wubba, wubba" :shrug:

Oh Thank you Luke I will have a look the Akita's big and small will be happy and SOOOOOO very excited !

Kind Regards

Malisa

Nylabones - nup.

Balls - nup.

Kongs - nup.

Ropes/tug toys - nup.

Plastic squeeky toys - hmmm, for a short while.

Treat balls - yep.

Material toys with stuffing and a squeeker that have a great sound when ripped apart - yeah baby!

600ml iced coffee cartons - you betcha!

Cardboard toilet rolls :shrug:

Nylabones - nup.

Balls - nup.

Kongs - nup.

Ropes/tug toys - nup.

Plastic squeeky toys - hmmm, for a short while.

Treat balls - yep.

Material toys with stuffing and a squeeker that have a great sound when ripped apart - yeah baby!

600ml iced coffee cartons - you betcha!

Cardboard toilet rolls :shrug:

I'm too scared to give my pup what he'd REALLY want.

Clods of grass.

Bras.

Socks.

Slippers.

Bottle tops.

Sticks.

Cables.

Toilet rolls, tissues - there must be something so satisfying in the ripping of toilet paper and tissues and then not having to clean it up!!!

I'll have to try it one day and see if I can find the fascination, as long as someone else gets to clean it up!!!

What Toys Does a Puppy Need.

Often Teething so something that they like chewing :rofl:

An old sock tied in knots.

A piece of tow rope tied in a large knot.

Strong cylindrical container with rice inside to roll along and chase.

Big balls that can't get stuck in their throats.

Toilet rolls to chew up & 2nd hand soft toys (without eyes or buttons) to disembowel.

The most important ~ An adult to play silly buggers with.

I'm too scared to give my pup what he'd REALLY want.

Clods of grass.

Bras.

Socks.

Slippers.

Bottle tops.

Sticks.

Cables.

Bras are even better if they are brand new and expensive

My pups newest, favorite toy is a Wubba. An orange water Wubba to be precise.

We just bought some new toys for the kids, and one of them is a red Kong Wubba - well, Enya has gone berko over it, she thinks it is the BEST thing ;)

I'm going to get a Kong Snugga Wubba next :love:

Another toy that we had that the last litter of pups adored was a Wacky Wobbler - it has now gone to the place in the sky where all overly loved toys end up, but it lasted ages and they (and the adults) had so much fun with it!

For Molly, just give her a tennis ball. Nothing is as good as a tennis ball :rolleyes: I have just bought a Kong tennis ball, it squeaks and is larger than a normal tennis ball (so it won't roll under the furniture like her dozen other ones do) - she has played with nothing else since it arrived :laugh:

Edited by Allerzeit

Well, since I killed the thread :cooldance:

Does anyone have any experience with Tuffies?

Our guys love soft toys, but it only takes them 5 minutes before the toys start coming apart at the seams. I have a big box of toys that are in hospital at the moment waiting to be stitched back up. I really want to find something that I don't have to sew back up constantly.

These toys are expensive, but they look like they would last? http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/home.php?cat=447

Well, since I killed the thread :cooldance:

Does anyone have any experience with Tuffies?

Our guys love soft toys, but it only takes them 5 minutes before the toys start coming apart at the seams. I have a big box of toys that are in hospital at the moment waiting to be stitched back up. I really want to find something that I don't have to sew back up constantly.

These toys are expensive, but they look like they would last? http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/home.php?cat=447

Hello,

I love the Tuffies sheep .. want one for Noodle but I agree the price is a bit 'out there' .. they'd wanna be good!! Noodle has something very similar (look at the photo above .. it is a red 'person' .. bought from Petstock .. also not sheep but VERY tough .. only problem is she doesn't like it at much as something that is soft and can sink her teeth into :cooldance: I haven't seen the Tuffies in any stores as ye t.. only on line .. I would like to touch and feel before buying :rofl:

And here is her favorite puppy (minus tail - took this off whilst getting her bottom teeth! :rofl: )

RIP puppy .... met his maker last night ... :cooldance::cooldance::rofl:

Beyond repair ... many good fun days have been bought to an end ........

And before anyone misinterprets my post .. I mean the toy puppy .. not Noodle .. she is the one that assisted 'Puppy' to an early retirement!!!

Tissue boxes are also good 'toys' ... just remove the plastic around the top and let pup rip it to shreds under supervision ...

also toilet rolls or aluminium foil cardboard rolls ..harder than the toilet roll cardboard ...

We've got two King Wubbas - 5 minutes of interest out of them :thumbsup:

Strong material toys that can't be ripped aren't all the interesting either, the buggers! :thumbsup: I think we'll get our toys from St Vinnies from now on and save some money.

I forgot to mention Paxy likes buckets!! She carries them around, breaks off the handles (plastic ones) and wow another toy. She slides up and down our paved area in the bucket - one paw inside the bucket and sometimes her head too! She throws the bucket, she pushes the bucket. Makes a lovely loud noise too!!

I forgot to mention Paxy likes buckets!! She carries them around, breaks off the handles (plastic ones) and wow another toy. She slides up and down our paved area in the bucket - one paw inside the bucket and sometimes her head too! She throws the bucket, she pushes the bucket. Makes a lovely loud noise too!!

Too funny :thumbsup: My 7yo loves to do the same thing, but with big black plastic flower pots. The neighbours find it very entertaining watching her scoot up and down the driveway with her head and front feet in it. However she also finds this game amusing at 1am, and i'm sure you know the racket it makes on concrete :laugh:

This thread is great! I was starting to run out of ideas for cheap toys for my new pup, keep em coming!

4 labradors with the same favourite toy!! Empty soft drink bottles :thumbsup:

Oh and if you have big or very active dogs, especially those retriever orientated -sewer rings - from the local tradelink etc store - almost indestructable.

Other than that our eldest girl loves to retrieve so her favourite toy is anything you leave laying around, inside or out including newspapers, pamphlets, even OH's breifcase if you ask her too.

I also bought two kongs for my puppy - totally not interested - not even with a treat in them. :D

Apart from her ball on a rope - her favourite toy is the empty toilet roll - go figure - (that and a drink bottle with the lid off - which i supervise her with)

Her other favourite toy is any insect she sees outside - she loves chasing them.

Tug-a-war toys all the way here for my girl :D she hasn't quite mastered balls yet for some reason, she has a bit missing me thinks :love: but tug toys, plastic bottles and small soft teddies which we picked up from a baby store for really cheap, one is a little monkey that snores when you touch it, she loves that :D from my previous dog, I've discovered to never spend big bucks on toys they've never had before as they usually aren't interested, we just re-place their favourites when they've gone to heaven haha :laugh:

Quick question; on the KONG Puppy Ziggies Healthy Puppy Treat packet, it states that its for puppies over 3 months of age? What do I give my puppy in the KONG before this age? I collect my Labrador Puppy on Wednesday and she'll be 8 weeks, just wanted her to have something to occupy her in the car as its a 2 hour journey back from the breeders? She's been reared on BARF and easily handles a chicken wing, however I don't really want her eating a chicken wing in the car!! Do you think she'll be ok with one of these Ziggies in her Puppy KONG?

We brought Tilba back from the breeders 6 weeks ago. It was a 6.5 hr drive. We stopped 3 times for various reasons. Tilba slept the whole way except for the stops. I don't think your pup will need anything to eat in that time. Just in case of car sickness. If you stop offer her some water.

Tilba has a number of toys, but usually prefers the things she can't have like sticks. I give her some of her meal stuffed in a kong. I put her dry food in it & seal the end with peanut butter, vegemite, yoghurt, cottage cheese or wet puppy food. She's learned to hold it by the small end so she can tip the kibble out. She likes toys with squeekers in them but I don't leave her alone with them. Her absolute favourite is an old plastic bone that is Sooty's.

I also bought two kongs for my puppy - totally not interested - not even with a treat in them. :rolleyes:

Apart from her ball on a rope - her favourite toy is the empty toilet roll - go figure - (that and a drink bottle with the lid off - which i supervise her with)

Her other favourite toy is any insect she sees outside - she loves chasing them.

Try putting peanut butter in the end of the Kong, fill it up and use the peanut butter to seal both ends.