Groomers! Are You Sick Of Clueless Clients

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wheatens are hard but im lucky enough to deal with 4 of them... One is kept in a full head but a light body clip to keep him neat every 5 months or so... got one that shaved off all year because he tangles too easily for the parents and they'd rather have him short than the up keep... one in a short bodied show clip and the other with a show head but body shave off... I love wheatens so they arent a breed that i find hard but my first one i was so greaztful to have a pic to follow and i got it right so he's very much the "same as last time dog"

Wheatens are hard but im lucky enough to deal with 4 of them... One is kept in a full head but a light body clip to keep him neat every 5 months or so... got one that shaved off all year because he tangles too easily for the parents and they'd rather have him short than the up keep... one in a short bodied show clip and the other with a show head but body shave off... I love wheatens so they arent a breed that i find hard but my first one i was so greaztful to have a pic to follow and i got it right so he's very much the "same as last time dog"

Four? In Adelaide? Both mine came from SA. Are the ones you groom Irish coated?

Whatever.

It's a wonder you actually have clients given your contempt of them.

Thriving for 25 years! I keep other local groomers business cards by the door, ready to hand to painful people. Can't please everyone and i simply don't need the business.

Whatever.

It's a wonder you actually have clients given your contempt of them.

Thriving for 25 years! I keep other local groomers business cards by the door, ready to hand to painful people. Can't please everyone and i simply don't need the business.

Fascinating. You must be a very good actor.

ETA. Noted that the contempt wasn't denied.

Edited by Sheridan

Why would i deny it? I have great contempt for fools and liars. Speak to me honestly as an equal, i'll return the favor. Speak down to me, suffer the consequences. I don't really understand why you're in this topic considering the heading. You need to start your own thread.

Why would i deny it? I have great contempt for fools and liars. Speak to me honestly as an equal, i'll return the favor. Speak down to me, suffer the consequences. I don't really understand why you're in this topic considering the heading. You need to start your own thread.

You think your clients, the people who do nothing more than make a list of items that they'd like you to cover in their dog/s grooming, are fools and liars?

Given the first post of yours I responded to, all I was after from you was what you'd do in grooming a wheaten. Needless to say, your responses have revealed that those clients aren't clueless but perhaps their groomer is.

You think your clients, the people who do nothing more than make a list of items that they'd like you to cover in their dog/s grooming, are fools and liars?

Given the first post of yours I responded to, all I was after from you was what you'd do in grooming a wheaten. Needless to say, your responses have revealed that those clients aren't clueless but perhaps their groomer is.

As i've said before, but i'll say it again for you, Clients who make lists like "do nails, bath, dry" and they come every two months, been coming for years, YES they ARE FOOLS, if they think i need to be reminded on paper to bath their dog!! LIARS are the ones, who other people have also commented on, bring their small white fluffy, matted to the skin and say "we don't want it short, my daughter brushes it every day. We went away for the weekend and it must have got matted then.". I responded to all of your questions in a polite and friendly manner right up until post #80 when you decided to get bitchy and were obviously here only to cause trouble. I believe you are a troll. .

Susan, I don't think it's relevant if someone has been grooming 5 days or 25 years - Gashmir has an enormous chip on their shoulder about something... seems like an inferiority complex. Does it really bloody matter if someone wants to write notes? A normal person would just smile and take the note, it's truly not a big deal. :laugh:

I write everything down when I am paying someone for a service. This way there can be no confusion as to what I want.

Patience and tolerance is a wondrous thing Gashmir - find some and you'll be a much happier person :mad

Sheridan, After 25yrs of dog grooming, I really doubt gashmir's clueless.. go easy mate.

But not 25 years of respect for clients, the people who actually give gashmir a living. And now, after I've pointed out that he/she is just rude about those clients, she gets all hysterical and calls me a troll. Hmmm.

Actually I dont blame her/him. You have gone out of your way to be nasty..... all they did was try to answer you.

She wasnt hiding anything, just because she didnt spell out their grooming routine dosent mean they are as you say clueless.

Notes wouldnt bother me, but I see Gasmirs point, clients who have been coming for years have no need for "notes" unless they ask for something different for a change, whats the big deal?

Who says she dosent have respect for her clients? you? Seriously lol

I dont think your a troll, just itching for a Bitchin...

Sheridan, After 25yrs of dog grooming, I really doubt gashmir's clueless.. go easy mate.

But not 25 years of respect for clients, the people who actually give gashmir a living. And now, after I've pointed out that he/she is just rude about those clients, she gets all hysterical and calls me a troll. Hmmm.

Susan, I don't think it's relevant if someone has been grooming 5 days or 25 years - Gashmir has an enormous chip on their shoulder about something... seems like an inferiority complex. Does it really bloody matter if someone wants to write notes? A normal person would just smile and take the note, it's truly not a big deal. :laugh:

I write everything down when I am paying someone for a service. This way there can be no confusion as to what I want.

Patience and tolerance is a wondrous thing Gashmir - find some and you'll be a much happier person :mad

Troll!!!

Troll!!!

Actually I dont blame her/him. You have gone out of your way to be nasty..... all they did was try to answer you.

She wasnt hiding anything, just because she didnt spell out their grooming routine dosent mean they are as you say clueless.

Notes wouldnt bother me, but I see Gasmirs point, clients who have been coming for years have no need for "notes" unless they ask for something different for a change, whats the big deal?

She didn't go out of her way to respond (other than saying she'd do a show clip, which isn't what I asked). She showed a complete contempt for people who provide notes on how to groom their dogs. So what if they provide notes? Just what is the big deal if they do? At least they care. She thinks they're fools.

Does it really bloody matter if someone wants to write notes? A normal person would just smile and take the note, it's truly not a big deal. :laugh:

Like I said earlier...a note is not a big deal if it makes sense. Its if it doesn't make sense and the person bringing in the dog cant explain what it means that there is a problem. A note that says "short" could mean anything. Short to me means pick up a 5 blade, not leave the coat 1 to 2 inches. This is where the problems come from.

Gashmir I think I know the type of client you mean. Does this conversation sound familiar...

Client - "oh last time his hair grew so fast, did you cut it longer?"

Me - "no, it was the same length as always, would you like me to go a little shorter this time?"

Client - "Yes, make it only half as long."

Me- "that's pretty short, how about we just go one length shorter this time to see if you like it. If you dont I can go shorter"

Client "okay"

Next appointment

Client - "You cut him too short last time, I dont want him that short again"

Me - "okay let me just look at his card, oh yes you asked for half as short again but I talked you into going only one length shorter. Okay then we'll do him the length he used to be."

Client - *amazed that I remember* "oh..that's right...we did want him shorter"

Next appointment

Client - "oh last time his hair grew so fast, did you cut it longer?"

and around and around we go! :mad

I'm sure after 25 years you would want to pull your hair out

Susan, I don't think it's relevant if someone has been grooming 5 days or 25 years - Gashmir has an enormous chip on their shoulder about something... seems like an inferiority complex. Does it really bloody matter if someone wants to write notes? A normal person would just smile and take the note, it's truly not a big deal. :mad

Troll!!!

:D :love: PMSL. Are you for real?? That's a first.

As soon as someone disagrees with you, just call 'em a troll. Too easy, too juvenile :laugh:

She didn't go out of her way to respond (other than saying she'd do a show clip, which isn't what I asked). She showed a complete contempt for people who provide notes on how to groom their dogs. So what if they provide notes? Just what is the big deal if they do? At least they care. She thinks they're fools.

Troll