Groomers! Are You Sick Of Clueless Clients

Susan, I don't think it's relevant if someone has been grooming 5 days or 25 years - Gashmir has an enormous chip on their shoulder about something... seems like an inferiority complex. Does it really bloody matter if someone wants to write notes? A normal person would just smile and take the note, it's truly not a big deal. :mad

I write everything down when I am paying someone for a service. This way there can be no confusion as to what I want.

Patience and tolerance is a wondrous thing Gashmir - find some and you'll be a much happier person :mad

Troll!!!

:D :love: PMSL. Are you for real?? That's a first.

As soon as someone disagrees with you, just call 'em a troll. Too easy, too juvenile :laugh:

Troll

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps she didn't even know you wanted a full blow by blow description of the groom. I honestly did not know that's what you wanted from what you asked. My answer would have simply been "however you wanted it groomed"

Perhaps she didn't even know you wanted a full blow by blow description of the groom. I honestly did not know that's what you wanted from what you asked. My answer would have simply been "however you wanted it groomed"

Ari, I asked what the first thing that would be done when the dog came through the door in terms of grooming. Because if the groomer is unfamiliar with a breed then perhaps, just maybe, the person who owns the dog might know more. I've not met a groomer yet who has even asked me the best way to groom my dogs and some who, on being told the best way have said, 'That's not how we do it here.'

Ari, I asked what the first thing that would be done when the dog came through the door in terms of grooming. Because if the groomer is unfamiliar with a breed then perhaps, just maybe, the person who owns the dog might know more. I've not met a groomer yet who has even asked me the best way to groom my dogs and some who, on being told the best way have said, 'That's not how we do it here.'

Why didn't you clarify your question politely like this before? Would have saved a hell of a lot of time.

Why didn't you clarify your question politely like this before? Would have saved a hell of a lot of time.

The sum total of what I wrote was:

How would you groom a wheaten terrier? Right from the moment the dog is brought in, what do you do?

Because same as last time doesn't work for me.

And then you went off into a rant about your clients. My post was perfectly polite.

Edited by Sheridan

I think the major problem in this thread is miscommunication.

The first thing I do "in terms of grooming" is put the dog on the table to check for mats while I ask the client what they actually want done. Having said that....if a person was after a show trim on a breed I was not familiar with I would have found this out during the phone interview and would have sent them elsewhere.

The sum total of what I wrote was:

How would you groom a wheaten terrier? Right from the moment the dog is brought in, what do you do?

Because same as last time doesn't work for me.

And then you went off into a rant about your clients. My post was perfectly polite.

Yes. That post was polite. It is post 80 i refer to you being nasty. I did not understand your above question clearly or i would have answered it. First line is how do you groom a wheaten. So i told you. You also asked about notes which is why i responded to it. I would have understood better if you asked what i actually talk to the client about when they first walk in. If i failed to answer your question, then you only had to clarify for me, not respond how you did in post 80. Now that i understand your question, do you want me to respond?

Wheatens are hard but im lucky enough to deal with 4 of them... One is kept in a full head but a light body clip to keep him neat every 5 months or so... got one that shaved off all year because he tangles too easily for the parents and they'd rather have him short than the up keep... one in a short bodied show clip and the other with a show head but body shave off... I love wheatens so they arent a breed that i find hard but my first one i was so greaztful to have a pic to follow and i got it right so he's very much the "same as last time dog"

Four? In Adelaide? Both mine came from SA. Are the ones you groom Irish coated?

one is but the other 3 arent. they are lovely dogs all of them!

ps i dont think you were bitchy at all in your question...

Wheatens are hard but im lucky enough to deal with 4 of them... One is kept in a full head but a light body clip to keep him neat every 5 months or so... got one that shaved off all year because he tangles too easily for the parents and they'd rather have him short than the up keep... one in a short bodied show clip and the other with a show head but body shave off... I love wheatens so they arent a breed that i find hard but my first one i was so greaztful to have a pic to follow and i got it right so he's very much the "same as last time dog"

I wonder if they're related to mine at all. I'm betting the Irish one is, at least. Can I PM you about them?

It wasn't the question, it was post 80.

I think the major problem in this thread is miscommunication.

The first thing I do "in terms of grooming" is put the dog on the table to check for mats while I ask the client what they actually want done. Having said that....if a person was after a show trim on a breed I was not familiar with I would have found this out during the phone interview and would have sent them elsewhere.

Ari, that is exactly what i do. The clip, especially if breed specific is discussed on the phone. I then decide if i do or do not want to do that particular clip. If not, then send them elsewhere. If i do, then i ask them to bring a picture of what they want and any info. On arrival, even after phone screening, sometimes the clipping requirements of the owner cannot be met. I will again send them elsewhere.

It wasn't the question, it was post 80.

You thought me saying that you should be grateful that a client cares enough to write a note was bitchy. Right ... :laugh:

No, the first two lines were. And you're doing it again. Why are you so sarcastic toward me and surprise, surprise, full of contempt? As i said, up til post 80 i was helpful and civil to you. This is why you look like a troublemaker as i had not said anything to you to warrant you snapping. It is clear you took the thread to a tense level in post 80. As i've said before. You need to start another thread from the clients perspective. Your "how to groom a wheaten" queries are not relevant to this thread.