Dog Clippers

Haven't used them but let me know how they go - i'm in the market for a new set of clippers after this weekend!

3 and a half hours for a matted "spoodle" (now they know never to buy a dog from PP!) and even then i didn't do his face! Poor mite was too tired and started becoming aggressive so i played with him for a bit (so he's not scared of me next time) and I'll do the rest of him later! (luckily his face didn't have matts and he let me trim around his eyes)

My oster use to work well but dont do squat now. They have been serviced, sharpened and new blades purchased. Still cant clip a OES.

As I am thinking of getting a new set, I figured I would look at other brands.

But would horse clippers work throe thats the question?

They would work of course but would be overkill in my opinion.

There isn't much difference in price throe. Just looking at a pair that will clip well. I get quite a few matted OES in and anything that make it easier would be appreciated

double K may be expensive but work a treat on OES etc etc.

Thats all we use in the salon & it would do my head in using the other clippers to do OES,spoodles,labraddodles etc etc.

Havent used horse ones but if the powre is stronger then they could well be the better cheaper alternative

They (large animal clippers) can be hard on the hands and arms too, lots of vibration is common as well, and noise.

Oster and Wahl handle any of the large breeds that are clipped off here and many of them are cruelty cases.

Matted OES are no problem at all.

You don't need horse clippers. You will end up cutting dogs with them. I have used them several times many years ago. Oster in my opinion, are not a power clipper. Buy wahl. Only about $200 for km2 model. Your blades are probably jamming. A common mistake when people think they are blunt or don't work. Double K and horse clippers make your arms, hands, shoulders ache with prolonged use.

I have clipped plenty of horses and dogs. I have used the Sunbeam horse clippers on the dogs and they are brilliant. Lets put it this way, I don't use the horse clippers on all dogs but I have on badly matted large ones. Makes life a lot easier.

I used oster clippers for many years and never realised what i was missing out on. I now am a total Wahl convert and will never go back. I had regular problems with my oster clippers and had similar problems with andis. I clip all breeds and some very matted ones and the Wahl km2 handles it with ease. I think the Wahl clippers are actually cheaper than some of the others to. The guy i spoke to from one of the wholesalers when i was changing clipper brand said they sell 10 Wahl to every oster/andis/other, i can see why :clap: .

Thanks everyone, I will look at the Wahl KM2 can I use the blades I have for the oster on them?

I get a few extremely matted OES in and groomers want to charge $150 + to clip back and I cant afford that.

How I miss my groomer in Melbourne :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Used double K for 17 years 5/6 days aweek & dont get any pain at all

Hi there settrlvr, did you know that the Double K clipper hand piece has a bearing it that goes rusty with age,and locks up whilst it is being used,which in-turn whilst you are holding the handpiece, then the handpiece spins in your hand at high speed, and if you are unlucky by holding it to tight, it SNAPS your wrist.Boom Boom,the rest is history. :cheer: