Canon Rebates Are Now On

kja

A very good setup can be had for around $300 US camera and housing- one of the most popular at the moment is the A570. I think they are down to about $125US and the Canon housing is about $165US. I have two of these myself.
I think I've found a Christmas present for my husband now, thanks. He'd love the above and a dive shop near us runs underwater photography courses for him.

We borrowed my BIL's Nikon Coolpix with strobe back in 2005 and took it to Fiji. He wrote down what settings to use for things so we copied that, both of us not knowing a thing back then. Photos turned out great, even at 30 metres.

Sounds like a great gift to me! :laugh: But I'm biased - I love taking underwater photos and love seeing other people's, too.

If you need another "cheat sheet" to get you started when you get the system, let me know - happy to help!

Gold boxes can be evil...I've ended up with some "extras" just coz I was in the mood to shop and the price was right LOL

But it's fun!

Ok, enlighten me - what are the gold boxes? I am guessing they are some kind of package deal special?

Sometiems when you go to amazonit comes up with a little gold box offer in the top right corner. I've looked at them occasionally but then a lot of the non book and CD things you cannot buy from OS (eg you couldn't buy breyers through amazon). The system finds offers based on your past shopping history and you have a time frame to purchase once you look at the offer.

Amazon Gold Boxes come up under "Today's Deals" right next to where it says "Yourname's Amazon.com (second line from very top)- there's a little gold treasure chest on the upper left of the screen. Just click that then scroll down...if you don't scroll, you aren't seeing the actual Gold Box quick pick specials which are always at least an extra 5% off, and often substantially more. The stuff higher on the screen are recommendations and other specials, but not as good as the Gold Box stuff.

You can manipulate your Gold Box to give yourself a better chance to get stuff that's relevant to you, too. Here's a link that gives you the gos in step by step detail - and it woks a treat.

OK, here's the screen you see when you log in to Amazon - the arrow show's you where the Gold Box is:

amazon1.jpg

And this is what you see after you scroll down to the Quick Picks section of the Gold Box screen - this is where the goodies are :p

amazon2.jpg

Edited by kja

Amazon Gold Boxes come up under "Today's Deals" right next to where it says "Yourname's Amazon.com (second line from very top)- there's a little gold treasure chest on the upper left of the screen. Just click that then scroll down...if you don't scroll, you aren't seeing the actual Gold Box quick pick specials which are always at least an extra 5% off, and often substantially more. The stuff higher on the screen are recommendations and other specials, but not as good as the Gold Box stuff.

Thanks kja. Might have to have a look.

My Sister in Law to be is having a small low key wedding and has asked me to take the pictures, it is not til the end of the year but I decided it is the perfect excuse to get at least a new lens and flash :D Will look more into those gold boxes andd see if I can't find me a good deal.

These rebates are good until the second week of July, I think, but if you need more time to save up, Canon usually has another round of rebates (usually on more or less the same items) again in October :D

Hey, if I'm shopping, everyone should be shopping :D :mad

Just ordered one of these fun toys... the ColourspaceO. Didn't need it, but it's going to be fun and I convinced myself that getting it meant that I didn't also need the Western Digital Passport Elite 320GB that is out there at an awesome price right now ... so I "saved" money LOL

Edited by kja