10m Dog Lead

Hello All,

I am looking for a 10m long lead for a large dog. Where can I buy it from?

We have an 11m lead from Black Dog .. google them as they have a site. I know they also have for big dogs too.. not the cheapest though.

Horse lunging lead is the cheapest. I bought one for $10 from horseland.
We use lunging lines too, usually quite durable, not overly expensive, and can be found at any saddler.

Not to mention they come in loads of colours :eek:

...beat me to it :)

Thanks for the idea. I will start looking in that direction too :laugh:

Hello All,

We have an 11m lead from Black Dog .. google them as they have a site. I know they also have for big dogs too.. not the cheapest though.

Thanks, I found their site :eek:

They only sell the 11m lead with a small and medium snaps. Not sure if the medium one is strong enough for a large dog.

Hello All,

Thanks, I found their site :eek:

They only sell the 11m lead with a small and medium snaps. Not sure if the medium one is strong enough for a large dog.

Black dog also make to order, but I still use a horse one. I have had it now for 9 years and it is still going well.

I use a 10mt webbing one but it was around $40

May I ask where did you buy it from? Thanks :laugh:

here it is,come in red,blue and black,20 or 25mm width

really nice and soft so you don't get friction burn

10mlblue-1.jpg

I'll PM you details

Edited by 4 Paws

When I was looking for a tracking lead for my GSD - I brought a horse lunge lead and found I got friction burn (my boy was a puller) - I needed to wear gloves with this lead.

I ended up buying a tracking lead from Canine Outfitters - the lead is silky smooth and is great to handle wet or dry. I have no trouble handling this lead without gloves and have never got anyfriction burn. Rather expensive but definately worth the money.

I have also brought tubular leads from The Real Dog Equipment Company - they are also super strong (I have a number of their Obedience Leads ... in various colours) but don't have the same silky smooth feel. Still a very good lead :laugh:

When I was looking for a tracking lead for my GSD - I brought a horse lunge lead and found I got friction burn (my boy was a puller) - I needed to wear gloves with this lead.

I ended up buying a tracking lead from Canine Outfitters - the lead is silky smooth and is great to handle wet or dry. I have no trouble handling this lead without gloves and have never got anyfriction burn. Rather expensive but definately worth the money.

I have also brought tubular leads from The Real Dog Equipment Company - they are also super strong (I have a number of their Obedience Leads ... in various colours) but don't have the same silky smooth feel. Still a very good lead :laugh:

What are tubular leads? They look like normal nylon leads in the picture. :laugh:

We used tubular leadropes with our horses, but not with our dogs (since there was no loop on the end, which was desireable with the dogs, not so much with the horses). They were nylon, and woven into a smooth tube shape, rather than a ridged shape like a normal rope. because of the tube shape, didn't get as many cuts and scrapes as from flat nylon edges, and its easier ont he hands than the ridges or a normal rope.

Not sure if these are the same sort of thing, but thought it might help.