Orijien Food

I'm about to start my 12 mth old lab on Orijen Adult (she's currently on Science Diet but has only been for a week as before she was in rescue). Since I ordered the 13.5kg bag I keep hearing how it can make them super-hyper. She gets 1 - 1.5 hrs exercise a day (over 3 walks) but I don't want to encourage too much more hyperactivity in her as we are at work during the day so she is home alone. Any ideas??

Since swapping my weimaraner onto it he hasn't been any more hyper actually I think he's less. It seems to have made him very docile and calm at home and then when exercising he is more alert and runs for longer with more spring in his step. So basically it's given him more energy when he's exercising but at home he's really relaxed. I'm pretty happy with it. At the moment I'm feeding him more then what's reccommended as he was looking a little skinny. He's now put on weight in only a few weeks and soon I'll have to cut it back.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you 4 Paws my Orijen trial pack arrived today. Wow that was quick.

I gave Chase a taste and he never eats dry food

Guess what he stole the bag, jumped up on the lounge chair and growled when i went to take it from him :)

Chase's growl is very unconvincing :eat:

Lucky i only put a small hole in the bag and he wasn't able to get anymore out LOL

No increased energy/ hyperness from Angs!!

Milo (cat) is also on it and his coat has improved and he is eating less - thank goodness as that cat would go through 400g of Royal Canin in 4 days! - he now gets 1/3 cup x 3 times a day.

My cat did the exact reverse to my dog when presented with a bowl of Royal Canin and a bowl of Orijen next to each other for the 'taste test' when I got some sample packs.

Cat turned his nose up at the Orijen leaving it completely untouched while gobbling up all his usual RC Maine Coon instead.

Dog gobbled up the Orijen and ignored the RC Medium Junior he'd been eating up to that point, then walked away leaving the RC completely untouched.

Both literally ate all the kibble in one bowl while not touching a single piece of the other kibble in the other bowl. Could have made a TV commercial out of both of them for both brands.

PS. Orijen tinned cat food I'd like to try, but tinned food is too hard for them to import into Australia, so they don't, I think.

My cat did the exact reverse to my dog when presented with a bowl of Royal Canin and a bowl of Orijen next to each other for the 'taste test' when I got some sample packs.

Cat turned his nose up at the Orijen leaving it completely untouched while gobbling up all his usual RC Maine Coon instead.

Dog gobbled up the Orijen and ignored the RC Medium Junior he'd been eating up to that point, then walked away leaving the RC completely untouched.

Both literally ate all the kibble in one bowl while not touching a single piece of the other kibble in the other bowl. Could have made a TV commercial out of both of them for both brands.

PS. Orijen tinned cat food I'd like to try, but tinned food is too hard for them to import into Australia, so they don't, I think.

My cat also didn't like it the first time but after two or three times she got to love it.

haha I knew I was being dumb!!! :(

Have just ordered a 2.5kg bag from petdeli so will see how that goes with my cat as her coat is not looking too good at the moment. Molly (my lab) has been on the adult formula for almost a week now and so far so good.

Anyone know where i can get some orijen in SA?

You can get it from www.pookinuk.com.au for $5 delivery even on the 13.5kg bag :cheer: I got some from them a couple of weeks agaon and it arrived here in a day :cheer:

Wow, When I looked at their webage I was under the impression that you had ot pay more for delivery to SA. Guess not, cool :thanks:

I have been dealing direct with the distributor to get some but am having problems with the direct deposit details he gave me and the money keps bouncing back to me ;) Might order from pookinuk and email thanks to him for his assistance but let him know I have arranged some.

Part of my thought in contacting the distributor was also that if he found he was getting enquirires from SA it might increase the chance of getting someone here to stock it, I have also asked a couple of stores about it too.

I haven't read through all of this so my apologies if this has already been mentioned, however I noticed the other day that the people who I buy my Eagle Pack and both BARFS from (the Canine Country and Dr B's) sell Orijen. www.petdeli.com.au .

I haven't tried it yet (on the dogs) as I'm really happy with how mine are doing on Eagle Pack, will come back and read peoples opinions some time soon.