Plastic Wrap. Will It Go Through?

I'm always a bit paranoid about my dogs getting hold of uneatable stuff and today due to carelessness on someone elses part Mick (Miniature Pinscher) grabbed a piece of glad wrap type plastic (off a tray of meat) and it went down before I could get it. It was about 2 inches wide x about 1 inch, soft and squishy. Hopefully this will pass through him? Boy, I'm not talking to 'someone' and have threatened him with any Vet bills!

I'm always a bit paranoid about my dogs getting hold of uneatable stuff and today due to carelessness on someone elses part Mick (Miniature Pinscher) grabbed a piece of glad wrap type plastic (off a tray of meat) and it went down before I could get it. It was about 2 inches wide x about 1 inch, soft and squishy. Hopefully this will pass through him? Boy, I'm not talking to 'someone' and have threatened him with any Vet bills!

I'm no expert but based on the stuff that I've heard comes out of dogs - I suspect it won't be a problem!

My 5m old passed a partial plastic bag yesterday...about 5in x 1in.

ETA: Spelling.

Edited by Luke W

Perhaps a syringe of vegetable or paraffin oil wouldn't go astray either, just to help "grease the way" IYKWIM.

My dogs have eaten some pretty bizarre things though with no ill-effects. It's nothing around here to find "gift-wrapped" turds. :laugh:

Thanks ellz, will give Mick some vegetable oil and might drop a bit in 'someone's' lunch as well, got to make him suffer lol.

rexiam, no worry about plumbers tape here - 'someone' can't even fix a dripping tap!

hehehe, can you tell I'm still p'd off at 'someone'?

All these things shall pass my child :laugh:

Well, nothing's appeared yet! Mick is eating, drinking as normal, seems OK. Luckily I don't think anyone has seen me out poking around in dog poo with a stick - they all suspect I'm a bit crazy and this would confirm it :) His poop has been normal but there's no sign of any plastic in it - would the stomach juices have dissolved it? Yep, I've read about some of the things that pass through, guess I'm just a panic puss, never had anything like this before, maybe lucky?

I was shocked to find one of my grooming latex gloves in a big poo when I was doing dailey pick up...so much goes through them..

Needless to say Im very, very careful about putting them away now!

I remember a few years ago, our shearers smoko was stollen, I blamed the one of the kelpies, that was until 2 days later one of my labs was seen walking around with about a meter of gladwrap trailing from her bum!! :)

I have had experience with this :) LOL

Our 1st Dobie "Portia" was given a sandwich by a workman on

building site that he left glad-wrap on just to see if she would eat it !! (Ba$%@*D !!)

(I'm still not over it & it was 15 years ago :) :))

Anyways yes it did pass in tact, although it clung to her butt & she ran around

the yard squeeking cause she thought something invisible was chasing her.

(yeah that bit was a bit funny :rofl: )

Made the OH don the rubber glovies & pull it out of her butt LOL

I decided it was partly his fault that she ate it, as he had her at the

building site while working there.

The look on OH's face while removing it was priceless :rofl: :rofl:

So don't worry too much, just keep a good eye out & I hope it all "passes" well for you.