Advice On Dog Sports

I have a little staffy who is all of 22months old. She's the highest energy dog I have come across for some time. She has bursts of energy so she's not a distance girl, but she recovers quickly for her next burst of energy.

She's not got the highest attention span either. She's the baby of our pack of 6 staffies - each with their own favourite activity but young Bliz needs to find her niche. Any suggestions on which sports would be good for her (she likes her home alone so maybe a pulling sport) and she's not what I'd call water crazy although she's saturate herself if she's sees and opportunity to later jump on you!

Good with other dogs and with all humans - although can be a little dominant when first meeting strange dogs. Doesn't fight them, just wants to hump them!

We live near Newcastle NSW.

I agree with poodle fan, use her high drive to get her reliable in general obedience and then start your foundation stuff for agility or flyball

Vid of flyball, Molly my stafford is the 2nd dog to run

:laugh: Ahh you gotta stop posting that :laugh:

Poor Darcy didnt like the stuff before the box....silly boy....at least Nova ran well (for someone else :laugh:)

I agree with whats been said, get her under sufficient control and then into flyball! If she is a smaller staffy the team will love you even more :laugh:

Edited by tollersowned

• 2 months later...

:thumbsup:

I own an Aust Kelpie that is ball obsessed and I would love us both to learn Flyball.

Does anyone know of a place near the Gold Coast in QLD where we can do this? I will travel to Southern Brisbane if I have to.