Best Puppy Toys?

periau

Miss Puppy arrived yesterday and has taken to gnawing on my hand like a bone- i have given her a few toys but i am thinking perhaps a puppy kong might be best for her?

What do people suggest?

Congratulations on the new bubb, many good times ahead.

When I got my sibe pup I'd already bought her a plush squeaky pig toy another squeaky plush, plus one of those toys for cats with a toy mouse on a rod, used that like a fishing rod until she grew big enough to chew it right off.

Also with any type of toy for dogs or little kids section, with a strong rope attached is good, she loves chewing on those when she was teething. Older enough will play tug with you.

Basically any squeaky toy that makes a sound, they become attached to that sound and will love any toy that has it.

A rope toy, and also a ball of some sort ie tennis ball, giant soft ball.

Alot of play and toys will keep her away from developing a bad habit of chewing up shoes and more of your personal belongings.

Even now 9 months she doesn't chew on any of my belongings, but if kept unsupervised bored in the house alone may be a diferent story. Just keep her occupied with toys. Try keeping a big plush toy next to her while she's sleeping, I gave her my giant plush toy dog which didn't squeak but kept her warm in her bed.

Good luck. :laugh:

Edited by husky princess

I make tugtoys so all is good on that front- thought though as she is teething and learning her limits something hard would be good?

I am crate training her as well- an invaluable item crates!

My other dogs are crate trained too.

I make tugtoys so all is good on that front- thought though as she is teething and learning her limits something hard would be good?

I am crate training her as well- an invaluable item crates!

My other dogs are crate trained too.

The puppy kongs are good - not too hard for sensitive baby teeth. You can get a few varieties, the classic puppy kong, biscuit balls and so on.

I noticed coles is carrying a few varieties of the puppy toys lately as is big w.

Daisy loved the plushies. Her monkey, bunny and snake have gotten us through some loooong nights. Now the monkey has been disembowelled and the snake is full of little tears. The bunny is still kicking though! They kept her company the first few nights when she was adjusting to not having a litter of puppies with her.

Anyone got any reviews on the petstages toys?

Jedi has a Puppy Cuddle Pal which is the one that has heat beads in it. We never used it as a soothing toy for him, he just chews it and shakes it, etc. It's good for teaching fetch (putting food inside it and they bring it back so you can get the food out for them!).

I also just bought the soft dumbbell thing which he likes as well. I haven't tried any others.

I bought Chloe some of the Petstages toys but she never really got that excited by any of them! She prefers toys that squeak or 'do' things...

My fave place online to get toys is Pets Wares Plus http://www.petsplus.com.au/pet-supplies.asp

Large range at decent prices

Chloe really liked squeaky toys and soft toys when she was a pup, especially things with long arms/leg!

Goodluck with the pup!

Get a nyla bone! :love:

I only discovered these when Snot was about 6 months old, I wish I had earlier though!

He chews his for hours, and nothing else comes close to being his favorite toy. They are also really good for their teeth/breath.

Get a nyla bone! :love:

I only discovered these when Snot was about 6 months old, I wish I had earlier though!

He chews his for hours, and nothing else comes close to being his favorite toy. They are also really good for their teeth/breath.

Jedi has the Nylabone keys... It's so cute when he carries them around!!! None of the other specific chew toys we bought him ever got any attention. This is the only one he'll chew on.

jedi023yy7.jpg

Snot likes his Nyla bone ribbed, for extra pleasure :)

schew008.jpg

lol absolutely gorgeous.

Another question guys- not for my pup- but someone else i know. Those stuffed toys with a heartbeat, where to get them and what are they called?