Joint Guard Liver Treats

j

Had Occy back to the vet last night for a check up following his Cruciate Ligament and luxating patella surgery a few months back.

He is having 6 weekly injections but she also recommended the Joint guard, which they have as the liver treats.

I bought a bag of 120 which will last quite a while (he is currently 5.5kilos, though hopefully is still losing weight after packing on 600gms following his surgery and confinement). Prior to his surgery he was just under 5kilos.

Of course I found them on line tonight for much less than I paid at my vets, so if I continue to use them I will certainly be buying them online.

He does have a bit of arthritis already, so hopefully it will relieve that and prevent any further problems developing. I don't know how old he is. He was an adult dog when I got him from the RSPCA 6 years ago. At the time his age was put at 3-4 years, but a vet who recently examined him said that if he didn't know better he still only put him around the 4-5 year mark (obviously holds his age well :( )

I guess I'm just wondering how I'll know if any improvement I see is due to continued healing of his surgery, the injections or the joint guard?

Does anyone use this? How good is it?

Guest Willow

sorry, i can't really help you, but how much did you find them online for, and what site??? I'm currently trialling Sasha's Blend with our ageing Stafford....he was on Hills j/d for a while but it wasn't suitable (for a few reasons) so I'm trying different stuff....the Sasha's blend is ok, but once I've finished this tub I want to try somehting else until we find what we're looking for.

Thanks for that link, though they are cheaper on the VetStop shop link ($36.50 for 200gms)

I didn't do the comparison for the powder :(

Oops. Just went and looked again. I was looking at the 200gm powder on the greyhound site, not the treats. The treats are cheaper on there

Edited by j

Another treat that's also meant to be good for arthritis is Green Lipped Mussels and shark cartilage. The GLM's are actually dehydrated whole mussels, not powder. They are reported to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation associated with arthritis and improve joint mobility.

One mussle and a piece of shark cartilage a day is also another alternative :(

Another treat that's also meant to be good for arthritis is Green Lipped Mussels and shark cartilage. The GLM's are actually dehydrated whole mussels, not powder. They are reported to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation associated with arthritis and improve joint mobility.

One mussle and a piece of shark cartilage a day is also another alternative :(

Where do you get them from & how much? My boy is 45kgs, so how many a day would a large dog need?

Have been using Joint Guard treats on my dog that had done a partial cruciate tear, she's about 8 now & is doing very well on them.

The good thing about the treats is that they have 1/4 of a scoop of joint guard powder in each treat, so you get the same results using the powder or the treats, its wonderful.

does anyone know approx how many treats in each bag?

Joint Guard Liver Treats 250g

A great tasting liver treat for dogs and cats which helps to maintain vitality and mobility. Each bite is equivalent to 1.25g of Joint Guard Powder. Alos a rich source of vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. Contains approx 120 treats.

A great tasting liver treat for dogs and cats which helps to maintain vitality and mobility. Each bite is equivalent to 1.25g of Joint Guard Powder. Alos a rich source of vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. Contains approx 120 treats.

Thank you SM - I guess thats what the 120 is in brackets on the greyhound website for! :D Iv'e only just started Chloe on Jointguard and greyhound products were fantastic!

PS... I l :) ve your dogs SM! Congrats on the new addition... ;)

Thank you SM - I guess thats what the 120 is in brackets on the greyhound website for! :D Iv'e only just started Chloe on Jointguard and greyhound products were fantastic!

PS... I l :) ve your dogs SM! Congrats on the new addition... ;)

:eek: :p Thank you