Tear Stain Troubles

Any tips of removing my bulldogs tears stains? I went away in Feb and the person babysitting didn't clean them, they have been brown ever since, no matter how much I clean them... is there a groomer around that bleaches them?

I have tried Alpha white and curash powder.

No way would I bleach.

Perhaps look at why he is staining too, any preservatives in his/her diet?

Some people swear by regular wiping with boracic powder.

Otherwise you could try a good furminate in that area to at least thin it so it's not as noticeable.

She eats a non preservative kibble so it's not that.

I will try the Eye Envy and then the boracic powder :laugh: thanks for your help.

Hey woe, It could be the kibble (dry food) that is causing the staining.

Dry food can cause ear infections in some breeds. Try a raw diet and you may find a big change.

Good luck

Sophie has tear stains and I have tried EVERYTHING mentioned in the above posts. I have been cleaning her eyes with Kojo eye conditioner at the moment. Been using it for about 2 months but the stains won't go away. They are not as bad, but still there.

I am convinced there is nothing that will get rid of them. It is more noticeable on white dogs.

I just clean her eyes everyday so they don't get worse.

Good luck!!

Thank you very much Bellsmum.

I have one home remedy to try after the Kojo. Equal parts of Boracic acid and cornflour, add water to make a paste. Apply to stains. When dry, brush off. Only thing that worries me about this method is the instructions 'DO NOT ALLOW TO GO INTO EYES".

She eats a non preservative kibble so it's not that.

I will try the Eye Envy and then the boracic powder :laugh: thanks for your help.

My little Shih X used to get bad staining until I played around with his diet. Took him off kibble and fed him a raw diet fresh fruit/veg/meat. His eyes completely cleared up, the difference was astounding. There is a good chance that it is the kibble.