Puppy Pawing At Water Bowl

Bellatrix

In the last week, my 14 week old pup has been drinking from her water bowl and then putting hew paw in it and splashing the water out. At first I thought it was cute.. until it started happening everytime! I changed her bowl over and changed water frequently but she still does it! Ive tried a smaller bowl and still happens.. Its annoying because she gets all wet and im continuelsy mopping the floor up. Ive taken the water away for 5 minutes and have said "no" etc..

Any suggestions?

:happydance:

Sorry I shouldn't laugh.... Just brought back memories of me cracking it at every time I had to mop the floor after Jak had gone to town digging at her water bowl. She stopped this as soon as I bought her a clamshell pool.

In her case, she was hot and trying to cool off!!! Now, if her pool is empty, she will dig at her water bowl... :happydance:

Some dogs can also see their reflection.

Get one of the large drink bottles with a double ball bearing in it and hang it from the side the crate. We trainer ours to use it with a tiny bit of watered down chicken stock then slowley added more water until it was all water. Good training. All of my pups now go with a little "walkies" bottle that has the same top on it and can fit to any standard drink bottle, makes watering in a car a breeze.