Rescue Remedy

Fevah

you can also get get rescue remedy with other ingredients made specifically for dogs http://stores.ebay.com.au/Sacred-Space-Ess...4QQftidZ2QQtZkm

or this lady is really lovely to deal with and can make you a combination or formulas http://www.floweressences.com.au/dog.htm Just email her your dogs problems and she will give you suggestions.I'm just getting one made up with a combination of 4 formulas at the moment.She also donates formulas to rescue groups for dogs with problems so woth supporting

Edited by 4 Paws

I am a big advocate of Rescue Remedy (Bach flower mix) but am an even bigger advocate of the Emergency Essence which is essentially the same thing but made from Australian flowers rather than European flowers (ie Bach flowers)

Have a look here:

www.ausflowers.com.au

I found the Emergecy Essence worked a lot better on my young anxious boy in thunderstorms etc than the Bach Flower Rescue Remedy.

Someone explained it to me that the difference was in that if your ancestors came primarily from Europe, then Bach Flowers would work best for you but if your ancestors came more recently from Australia, then the Australian Bush Flower essences would have a greater effect.

:(

ETA the Australian Bush Flower Essences worked out a LOT cheaper too :love:

Edited by ~ArtyFarty~

I love both ranges and use both - however there are a lot more Bush Flower Essences than Bach's and as such is a lot more expensive to buy a whole kit of them .... I find that the Bush Flower Essences give a bigger "kick" for me than the Bach's but others feel the opposite ... it really does depend on the individual and sometimes I'll use some from both ranges in a mix that I make depending on the client...

Easiest way though to buy a basic rescue remedy is a health food store - you should be able to buy it either as a dropper bottle or as a spray

Edited by FionaC

pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is rescue remedy used for?

Helps to calm some dogs during times that they feel anxious.

I use Rescue Remedy on my GSD who is storm phobic. We have just adopted a 2 yr old mix and I have been giving it to her of a night to help keep her calm. Works a treat on her.

With Duke I need to respray at regular intervals during the storm. Doesn't calm him completely but takes the edge off a bit.

I know some people use it on their dogs that become anxious when going to the Vet.

Also good for people.

Might look at the Emergency Essence for Duke next time though. :(

EFS

Edited by GSD Mum

Is it for yourself or a dog?

I tried it with a Chi X that I was fostering with no luck. She was extremly stressed out and would bark and cry from about 5.30am every morning till she wore herself out. Holding & cuddling her didn't help and Rescue Remedy in my opinion did nothing at all for her.

Personally think that Rescue Remedy is to much general mixture of the bach flowers.

I think that if you were to get a personalised mixture made it probably would have a better effect.

Someone explained it to me that the difference was in that if your ancestors came primarily from Europe, then Bach Flowers would work best for you but if your ancestors came more recently from Australia, then the Australian Bush Flower essences would have a greater effect.

Which is why Bach Flower remedies should NOT be used on Australian native wildlife - Use only the bush flower essences :(

I am a big fan of RR- and used to use it on clients(human) at the Vet's surgery where I worked.

I wouldn't let anyone drive home while upset- they were given a glass or two of water with some RR in, and a chair for a few minutes ....

Which is why Bach Flower remedies should NOT be used on Australian native wildlife - Use only the bush flower essences :(

I am a big fan of RR- and used to use it on clients(human) at the Vet's surgery where I worked.

I wouldn't let anyone drive home while upset- they were given a glass or two of water with some RR in, and a chair for a few minutes ....

If I ever come, I prefer cold Chardy.. :wink:

Am just looking into bach flowers for my neurotic pug (is that a tautology? :party: ) and am wondering about doses. How many drops would you give dogs weighing around 10kilos, and how often. So far this thread has been great. :(

Am just looking into bach flowers for my neurotic pug (is that a tautology? :party: ) and am wondering about doses. How many drops would you give dogs weighing around 10kilos, and how often. So far this thread has been great. :(

vampy,the formula's I've purchased form here http://www.floweressences.com.au/dog.htm are just used once per day,you can also give them twice a day for a few days as well.

If using straight rescue remedy they can be used as required