Bad Breath

anniejac

Hi there everyone, One of my two Staffies has bad breath, I clean her teeth, give her bones, the Vet has cleaned her teeth, he also says there are no gum problems etc. Has anyone got any ideas what I could use to help. She has a good diet, so I am really unsure what is the problem. My other Staffy is fine, no breath problems at all.

Had the same problem with my pom X chi who is now 19. Vet said nothing wrong with her gums and cleaned her teeth but she got bad breath again days later.

She did have gum disease and now she only has 3 teeth as half had to be removed and they just keep falling out now. Just be careful it isn't really gum diease.

In my experience, some Staffords just seem to have "death breath". For no apparent reason.

My old girl is always one of those who just seems to have yuckier breath than everybody else. Clean bill of health. Had tonsils removed "just in case", is on a good diet, gets plenty of bones, clean teeth. Just smellier than the others who are on the same food etc. She's also the best snorer, burper and farter in the house so my opinion is that it is just stinky air that is coming from all orifices. :thumbsup: