Forced Air Dryers In Stores....

~*Shell*~

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new forced air dryer and I want to have a look at some in person (people have such differing opinions about them). Does anyone know of anywhere in sydney that sells them so I can go and have a look for myself?

I'm looking to spend about $500 so if anyone has any recommendations I'd be happy to hear them!

http://www.petsonthepark.com.au have Shear Magic Variable Dryer ($428.00) - they deliver free to people in the Hills District.

http://www.petceteraetc.com.au/ (who also have a store in Vineyard, at the vets) have -

Challenge 2001 Dryer (3 heat) 2 yr g/tee $1250.00

Large Blower (made in Aust) 2 motors $850.00

Shear Magic Flow Master Dryer 2 speed $450.00

Shear Magic Flow Master Dryer 2 speed w/stand $750.00

Simpson Supajet Dryer (British made) $1070.00

Small Blower (made in Aust) $480.00

Stand Dryer (made in Aust) $790.00

Some dryers depend on heat sway - heat dryers work on hair which is long (like human hair) and not too dense, but for dense dog hair (like double coated breeds), a forced air dryer literally blows the water off the coat. It's also better for a breed like a sibe (or any spitz breed really) where we use the forced air dryer to blow loose hair out of the coat (great when the dog is blowing coat!).

Zero has just started his coat blow (they loose so much hair that it comes out of their coat in clumps :wave: ) so I want to get on top of it before i get massive hair tumbleweeds in my house!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

They also tend to blow a lot harder (more force). Some have heat elements though. I use a Liberty Stand Dryer on the Kees, I can turn the heat on, good for cold winter days, but most of the time I dont need it, it will heat up after a while anyway.

Thanks!

So it's just a dryer without a heating element, making it a blower.

Basically yes. They do heat up slightly with use, but that is just from the air temperature around them. Many of the forced air dryers are used by horse and cattle people.

I use a forced air dryer on the Yank feet and to blow the water (with the direction of growth) out of the saddle and neck areas and finish the rest with the heated dryer.

Also use the forced air dryer on the Staffords and the Greyhound to blast the water out and loosen any dead hair.

Also very good for directing between toes to completely dry if you have a dog that is prone to toe crud.

Also very good for directing between toes to completely dry if you have a dog that is prone to toe crud.

love the way you put that - I don't think i've ever had Zero have toe crud unless he's been in the mud and even then, it falls out of his toes in a couple of minutes!

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new forced air dryer and I want to have a look at some in person (people have such differing opinions about them). Does anyone know of anywhere in sydney that sells them so I can go and have a look for myself?

I'm looking to spend about $500 so if anyone has any recommendations I'd be happy to hear them!

The best value for money dryer on the market today is the Double K Airmax made in the USA. It is a twin motor dryer and cost less than $500. There have been a number of posts on DOL in the past on dryers and it seems to rate highly.

The best value for money dryer on the market today is the Double K Airmax made in the USA. It is a twin motor dryer and cost less than $500. There have been a number of posts on DOL in the past on dryers and it seems to rate highly.

I was looking at that one - $460 from clipperworld looks like the best deal. I love that store!

I would be interested in having a look at yours too AM - though i think i might have to get one before then. Zero's coat blow has come on so quickly this year and since he didn't have one last year it's a big one! I'd be very interested to see you groom Boh - aside from getting Boh cuddles, I would love to see how you groom him for show.