Before And After Thread

Ashanali

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HDR is the three different shutter speed and overlays isn't it. I need a tripod to attempt this. :laugh:

Do you have any examples of your originals shots and then the final image? Is this something you use a lot as a professional?

I've blended 2 raw shots on a landscape image before (it's not hard) when I've had a washed out sky. Then you just erase part of it to expose the underlying image.

However, now I just use a 2 stop ND grad filter on my camera so I don't have to bother fiddling around in PS as I hate it and don't have the time. I prefer to get it right in camera. Saves time later and I like the effect a real filter produces more than exposing for 2 separate raw images and erasing back the sky.

HDR is the three different shutter speed and overlays isn't it. I need a tripod to attempt this. :laugh:

Do you have any examples of your originals shots and then the final image? Is this something you use a lot as a professional?

not 3 shutter speeds but three (or more) different exposures. it then creates a 32 bit image with high dynamic range from these. I generally go for -2 0 +2. it is fun to play with. you can set some cameras up to take three or more bracketed shots at once.

it is no good for motion that is why you can cheat by opening a raw three times with three different exposure settings. but if you do it this way you need a low ISO cause any noise gets tripled.

I use photomatix rather than photoshop for HDR. still yet to get any i really love though. Its one of those things that gets a bad name cause some people really overdo it.

here is a tute i looked at for photomatix http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/

this thread is detrimental to my job.... i just have a little play and then 2 and a half hours later...

I tried the dragan effect on an old photo of my niece. not that good for kids.... she looked 50 :laugh: so i scrapped that and continued to play with the photo. I started with a HDR from 1 raw and then I used the orton effect. then just multiplied a black vignette over the background. Im quite happy with this one.

thanks for the inspiration people :laugh:

eva-bonsai.jpg

this is where it started

eva-orig.jpg

Edited by Chloes Dad

Chloes Dad that looks really nice. Good job. :thumbsup:

This was another image I looked at. Unfortunately the original photo was crap. Blurry as I didnt capture the moment due to re-positioning myself. Real shame as it's so Roc'n'Ralph. :thumbsup: Would of been a great shot to spend time on and perfect.

DSC_0232-1.jpg

Wow - inspiring!!!!

I have question.. can you use Photoshop to convert an image to look like it has been shot with infared film?

Photoshop can do anything. :love: I would say playing around in your channels. :thumbsup: Do a search on the web for PS infared pic's and you will find someone showing you how to do it.

• 1 month later...