Would Your Photography Be Better If Your Dogs Were Better Trained

ruthless

Are your dogs holding you back?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are your dogs holding you back?

• Yes, damn them
    • No, I'm great and they're great

Just for fun, not a dig at Vickie :laugh:

Looking at all these calendar entries got me thinking about how my dogs are holding me back. My garden is hideously ugly as a backdrop and the dogs that will cooperate for pics I'm slow to take to the beach/park cause they're not 100% reliable offlead :rofl:

I take small solace in the fact that I know how to Photoshop out long lines :)

Can anyone else feel my pain?

Edited by ruthless

Ruthless. I just went for a session with my boy this morning. With two photographers and one dog in a decent area we still struggled.

Okay, we got some great photos but it was hard work. Ronin was a little too interested in the duck and hunting the area trying to find more. :)

At least you've an OH you can ask to help you! Last time I roped mine in he misunderstood me when I said "throw the ball in my direction" ... he threw it right at me and Chopper ran straight into me at a hundred miles per hour :) I came tumbling down, my camera went flying and I busted my finger :laugh:

Any pics from today? :rofl:

Just for fun, not a dig at Vickie :)

you are so silly :rofl:

I often have trouble. Everytime I pick up a camera at home they all jump up & race outside. They equate camera with playtime. Getting them then to settle down is near impossible.

Out & about is easier. I just let them do their own thing & photos are incidental. My best photos always happen in unstaged shots, the harder I try the crappier the pics are.

Despite the fact that they all have a good stay, getting a nice portrait of all 4 together has so far evaded me.

I have to admit RocnRalph are a dream to photograph. Well behaved, know what is expected of them and very photogenic. :) It's me 95% that lets them down with my camera skill. Luckily they are both very tolerant and patient.

I take small solace in the fact that I know how to Photoshop out long lines :)

Can anyone else feel my pain?

Not fair Ruth!! I wish i could photoshop out long lines - would make Zero's beach piccies a lot nicer!

I feel your pain - if i'm playing with Zero in the backyard then he photographs great but he's not being asked to do anything. When i ask him to sit and stay he gets this look on his face like "whatever" and the second i get down to take a photo on his level he gets up and runs towards me so i get a shot of a blurry looking fluffy monster in mid flight with his tongue hanging out.

Any pics from today? :rofl:

Yep. The boss was breathing down my neck about doing some work but when I've finished I'll post some. Most are our of focus as Ronin was trying his hardest to work out how to get to the ducks without having to swim and this involved him running up and down the creek bank and stopping to point every now and then. :) He had a great time and the ducks were perfectly safe swimming around in deeper water. :)

here are a couple of them. Sooo many here to go through.

I love the coloured reflections in this one

IMG_7978.jpg

This photo shows off his incredible hindquarter muscle tone. He was launching himself through the water. Pretty amazing muscle tone considering he has been crated the last few weeks due to injury so he is now out of condition.

IMG_7983.jpg

:eek:

Edited by Ashanali

that's cool ruthless - would make for some nice macro shots :)

Thanks :rofl: I don't have a true macro, only my clunky 50mm 2.5.

I like that shot, but I want to set it up again and see if I can get better pics, better angles, better focus. It doesn't take much to make him drool so no excuses really!