ruthless

Are your dogs holding you back?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are your dogs holding you back?

• Yes, damn them
    • No, I'm great and they're great

I preffer Rocco with drool!!!!

As to my dogs, well.....

Im a crap photographer but willing to learn.

Divani is perfect for portraits, she will sit or drop or stand and just look at me for an hour if I want that.

Rex on another hand will not look at me when I have a camera in my hand.

Action shots are for now non existent as I didnt master the art yet.

:eek: I was just looking through this thinking.......pfffffft that's not drool..... then I arrive at my dog staring back at me.

Roc is loud and proud of his drool. Nothing can bring him down.

So who wants to tackle this? Any takers? :laugh:

DSC_0071copy.jpg

:eek: I was just looking through this thinking.......pfffffft that's not drool..... then I arrive at my dog staring back at me.

Roc is loud and proud of his drool. Nothing can bring him down.

So who wants to tackle this? Any takers? :laugh:

Damn - my wacom pen is slimey - how the heck did THAT happen??!?!?!?!?

Edited by Luke W

• 3 weeks later...

I never did much practice with Chazer to teach him to stay as a youngster but did plonk him in a lot of places and just expected him to stay while I took photos (and he did) so he learnt on the job :rofl:

With puppies it is easier to tie them up or wait for them to tie themselves up

2311092021_620edeee65.jpg

Or quickly remove your foot from the shoe they are eating and step back and shoot

231108..._084fc495f4.jpg

2311089459_084fc495f4.jpg

Or failing that just have another pup hold them down for you

2311090875_9e7cd9ed09.jpg

Edited by helen

dog has learn if she sits very sit and waits for the CLICK she gets food. But then back with film if at a horse event and its getting late in the day and the camera goes click WHIRRRRR - its time to go!!! The DSLR has got her as it has no WHIRR so she will sit there until the magic word 'OK' then its OMG OMG OMG we can go YAY YAY YAY (she lasts til about 2pm then its 'are we going yet' are we going yet').

As for pics of her she wil sit and stay but she'd better be paid for it! (if you forget to pay she will be pretty much right under your feet til you do pay up).

helen, those photos are just soo cute! The sacrificial shoe was surely a small price to pay for such great images!

A while ago I took this shot using a couple of off camera flash units. It was posted on my Flick page

2315922203_9c61d710a9.jpg

A friend who also has Cavs, asked about the (lighting) setup - I posted the following shot

(and I think this says it all about what *our* guys are like to photograph...)

2317284259_921b5e8d5e.jpg

So I guess my pet photography will remain mediocre as my guys are just far too easy... :p

ETA, oh, if Joey looks rather alarmed in the first shot... it's because he was watching 'RSPCA Animal Rescue' - I too, often have that same look on my face when I watch it...

Edited by BlenheimBoy

I preffer Rocco with drool!!!!

As to my dogs, well.....

Rex on another hand will not look at me when I have a camera in my hand.

:(

Yes, but your Rex will look at me. :birthday: He would have made a great model.

3049842344_3db8ab55a3_o.jpg

3049022771_f30924f9eb_o.jpg

ETA: He's not really looking AT me though, he was distracted by someone

Edited by Ripley

I think it depends on what type of photo you are after in regards to if the dog was better trained you'd get better photo's.

I did a photography unit at uni as a elective and my tutor said the ones where Riley was being naughty, and unpredictable were quite often the best shots as they had a sense of humour to them and showed his personality.

I tend to just let Riley do whatever he likes, and then I move around looking for a good shot, so I work around him. (I couldn't do that with uni though as they had ot be certain shots)

This is one of my uni photos (it was for gestalt laws) . Riley was supposed to be lying down parallel to the balls, with the yellow ball in front of him. He couldn't help himself though, he made a grab at the ball, but knocked it so it started rolling, so he had to run after it. Even though the shot didn't turn out as planned, I chose it to put in my uni portfolio as it was just such a Riley shot. It shows how much he loves the balls, his playfulness and his goofiness all in one.

The tutor loved it.

The look on his face still makes me laugh everytime I see it :thumbsup:

hhhh.jpg

Edited by wagsalot