Dog Dryers - Reccomendations?

I use my new Beacon stand dryer for fluff drying. I had a Liberty but hated the fact that it was more noise than grunt and sold it.

And now you've got less noise and no grunt :laugh:

Don't need grunt when you have proper heat controls and ease of movement. And can dry a dog without creating an environmental (noise) hazard!!

Have to disagree. The Beacon is the worst moving dryer I've ever used, also one of the most useless on a commercial level. Mine is tucked up at the back of my salon only to be used in emergencies.

I use my new Beacon stand dryer for fluff drying. I had a Liberty but hated the fact that it was more noise than grunt and sold it.

And now you've got less noise and no grunt :laugh:

Don't need grunt when you have proper heat controls and ease of movement. And can dry a dog without creating an environmental (noise) hazard!!

Have to disagree. The Beacon is the worst moving dryer I've ever used, also one of the most useless on a commercial level. Mine is tucked up at the back of my salon only to be used in emergencies.

Your prerogative to disagree. I don't use my Beacon on a commercial level and I daresay the OP wouldn't either.

This is the second Beacon I have owned. The first one (which WAS a sod to move around) was 15 years old when I got it and I owned it for 17 years before selling it to a friend where it is STILL going strong. The second I purchased a few months ago....Beacon Jetstream MkII and it is really great. It IS easy to move, equally as easy to manoeuvre as the Liberty stand dryer ever was and I personally like the finish on my dogs' coats much more than I ever did with a Liberty dryer.

I'd still choose a Beacon over many of the dryers previously mentioned in this thread.

Beacon Jetstream MkII

Yup that's the one I have *shudder*. My back aches just thinking about it :laugh:

I should have just stuck to my tried and true Simpsons. Now that is a quality dryer.

Your choice and fair enough.

For MY part I researched for many months before returning to what I know and trust and I am perfectly satisfied with my choice or I wouldn't recommend it to others.

I have used many other dryers in my 22 years of breeding and exhibiting long coated dogs and I am happy to have purchased my second Beacon.

I don't get back aches from using it, but I also have my grooming workspace set up quite ergonomically to accomodate my particular health and comfort requirements.

That'd be right! :)

It seems we're fairly limited here. What have you got Becks?

I like the Simpson because it's so light to use and dries so much more quickly than the cumbersome Beacon.

It's resale popularity is very good too. I have way too much equipment, so I now always buy with resale in mind as I like to turn my equipment over.

The Simpson is very noisy though, I seem to be saying 'what' alot lately :laugh:

I dream of a day we have even half the stuff pro groomers have in the States.

EFS

Edited by Clyde

I dream of a day we have even half the stuff pro groomers have in the States.

Me too! I would love one of their cage dryers for maintenance grooming!

I have to say I was disappointed in the lack of air flow with the Beacon when I was at your place Clyde. A cat breeder friend raves about hers but the other day she casually said, oh I use my hair dryer at the same time as well :laugh: I am glad that I got to see one before I bought it so saved my money!

Yes the Liberty is a bit noisy, like the Simpson, but I have a silencer on mine so not too bad. The cats don't seem to mind it, which is the main thing.

I have to say I was disappointed in the lack of air flow with the Beacon when I was at your place Clyde. A cat breeder friend raves about hers but the other day she casually said, oh I use my hair dryer at the same time as well :thumbsup: I am glad that I got to see one before I bought it so saved my money!

I was just about to ask Clyde to sell me her unwanted Beacon so I could see for myself :wink: when I read this! :laugh: . so maybe not LOL.

I need to dry the furkids in my avatar, and next year, one of these :

19350_1007.jpg

so I guess I need a bit of 'grunt'?

Anything worthwhile that you are planning on selling soon Clyde? :)