California Natural Dry Food

Just wondering if anyone has tried the California Natural Dry Food Range? After Gracie getting ill from being on the Raw Diet I won't feed Raw again.

The one I am looking at it Chicken and Rice- three ingredients: chicken, chicken meal and brown rice plus all your Vitamins and Minerals.Great for dogs with sensitive tummies. They have other varieties such as Herring and Sweet Potato too

Apparently the same as Innova but not as expensive

feedback welcome

Edited by InspectorRex

Just wondering if anyone has tried the California Natural Dry Food Range? After Gracie getting ill from being on the Raw Diet I won't feed Raw again.

The one I am looking at it Chicken and Rice- three ingredients: chicken, chicken meal and brown rice plus all your Vitamins and Minerals.Great for dogs with sensitive tummies. They have other varieties such as Herring and Sweet Potato too

Apparently the same as Innova but not as expensive

feedback welcome

I think Ptolomy uses Herring and Sweet Potato for her girl with allergies. Maybe PM her?

Sorry off topic, but what happened to Gracie when she was on raw diet?

I have been using the herring and sweet potato for over a year now - its the only dry food Beans can eat without her having a skin reaction.

She only gets it for breakfast, and not every morning, but she loves it. I have occassionally given it to the other kids and none of them have sent it back with a complaint to the chef. :confused:

I can only get it from Pets Paradise and it costs $26 for just over a 2kg bag.

Re Gracie unwell- there is a topic on it. She has shocking diarrhoea and all the tests indicated a possible food poisoning.

Collies have a sensitive tummy at the best of times.

I am lucky in that I can get California Natural from another source as my friend is Manager of a pet supply store( Not PP) plus she gives me a discount :confused:

Edited by InspectorRex

This is the one food I have always wanted to try my dogs on but as PP is the only distributer in the country I just cannot and will not buy it.

I wish there was somewhere else to buy it that has nothing to do with PP.

Guest belgian.blue
This is the one food I have always wanted to try my dogs on but as PP is the only distributer in the country I just cannot and will not buy it.

I wish there was somewhere else to buy it that has nothing to do with PP.

Wonder how difficult it would be become a stocker for the better dry foods? I'm highly considering doing it! ?

Penski- will let you all know as I will be trying both Gracie and her Mum Phoebe( avatar) girl on it.They both have sensitive tummies.

Belgian.blue- why not give Pet Goods Direct a call and find out if there is a way you can get it to WA? They have state reps for the product.

I know that Pet Goods Direct (here at least) are extremely helpful and try and meet the customers needs as best they can

Belgian.blue- why not give Pet Goods Direct a call and find out if there is a way you can get it to WA? They have state reps for the product.

I know that Pet Goods Direct (here at least) are extremely helpful and try and meet the customers needs as best they can

And they are part of the PP chain.

Wonder how difficult it would be become a stocker for the better dry foods? I'm highly considering doing it! ?

There are a number of great quality foods stocked around and about - however, if you want to stock any Innova product, then you would need to belong to the PP chain - either a Pets Paradise store or a Pets Good Direct. They are the sole importers and have an arrangement with Innova that excludes other Australian importers. And it is a pity as they are in the better quality range.

IR - great to hear that Gracie is on the improve, must have been a big scare for you.

Sags

Thanks Jed for your very valued input. :p

"the girls" had California Natural mixed in with their tea last night( they had both been on chicken and rice due to Gracie being unwell) and so far no upset tummies(no vomitting or diarrhoea) and they wanted more.

Now just have to get them both pooping again after being on the bland diet for over a week so they have just had some Nature's Gift Chicken and Vegetables. it s the only tinned food I will feed as when it was first made my Collies were the "trial dogs" for the Company and we never had issues with it.

Guest belgian.blue
Penski- will let you all know as I will be trying both Gracie and her Mum Phoebe( avatar) girl on it.They both have sensitive tummies.

Where is here? Cranbourne? Is that far from the Melbourne city? Where is your friends pet(goldfish)shop? PM with the details please if you can :p

I'm heading to Melbourne tomorrow!! Yay.

We've been feeding our dog and both cats Cal. Nat. Chicken and Rice for a number of years. Prior to that they were on Nutro Natural. Saw a vast improvement in all of their coats once on CN and Brodie had a lot less gas, very thankful for that!!!! And for a dog Brodie's size (100-105lbs) he eats about 4cups of food a day.