Festive Photo Challenge

ruthless

I'm feeling altogether bah-humbug, so I thought taking [and looking at] some festive photos might get me in the mood!

Rules:

Each photo posted in this thread must come with a description of how you did it & EXIF data.

The photo/s must be taken by the person posting it.

You cannot use old photo, they must be taken for the challenge.

You can submit as many entries as you like.

Photos can, but don't have to include dogs

Images can be edited using photoshop etc,.

There is no winner, just a bunch of people having fun & learning new techniques/ideas.

Here's one I took of my niece this afternoon. My sister is so mean...all her Christamas decorations either look like pressies or candy canes :o . Very confusing for a little one :laugh:

3067067299_4bf9fdf248.jpg

Nikon D300, 50mm 1.8

F4.5, 1/60, Flash

Edited by Vickie

sweet pic Vickie :rofl:

I took some of the dogs this arvo, just another little practise with the reindeer ears :love:

Jamie wears them pretty well

3067151783_674e2dfb34.jpg

... Texas not so :love:

3067152241_18464b18c5.jpg

and Chester is probably thinking: "again with this"

3067152633_819f43f329.jpg

and this one doesn't count, took it last week for my UK relo's Christmas card down at the beach - the whole Christmas in Summer idea :cry:

3065063258_927d5a6792.jpg

I'm thinking something with lights when I get a chance ...

Vickie, how gorgeous is your niece?! Sweet picture :laugh: Did you use an off camera flash and bounce it?

CM, your dogs are so patient, I can't imagine ever getting all mine to sit together wearing antlers!! Love the beach shot :laugh:

I'm thinking something with lights when I get a chance ...

Hope you don't think I stole your idea! There's plenty of lights to go around :laugh:

My neighbours went all out!

3076375203_bcefbd7694_b.jpg

3076375205_41121f6c09_b.jpg

Camera Model Canon EOS 30D

Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/800

Av(Aperture Value) 1.8

ISO Speed 1600

Lens EF50mm f/1.8

I've never taken night pics before, so I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism. I'm sure these could be better. I was quite rushed cause I didn't want them to catch me leaning over their fence taking pics of their house :shrug:

thanks ruthless, they were pretty good down the beach, we were on the way back so that helped :rofl: Lucky we were the only ones around, I even popped my own pair of antlers on and snapped a "family" pic, that turned out crap :shrug:

stealing lights? nah, don't mind in the least :laugh:

a few of my neighbours have done lights, and the council does a "scene" on a busy nearby corner that I plan on popping down to.

I really like your second pic ruthless :laugh: the reindeer really look like they are flying :laugh:

not so good with the constructive criticism, I'll leave that to the experts ...

Great pics you guys, Your Niece is adorable Vickie what a great picture. The doggies by the sea really captures our Aussie Christmas, very patient lovely dogs!! The night shots of the reindeer are awesome, I havent done much night photography so I cant give you any constructive criticism, but they look like they are relaly flying through the sky to me!!

I have just started to learn photoshop so here is a few of mine, to many to decide which to use for my cards so Im gona use all of them ...LOL

DSC_0205xmas.jpg

DSC_0268xmas.jpg

DSC_01912xmas.jpg

DSC_01742xmas.jpg

baileyxmas.jpg

DSC_01122.jpg

P1090571.jpg

P1090620.jpg

The cat is my old girl Holly she was 17 yesterday, she is a lovley girl and no where near her age, I think she has got a few years left in her yet!!

P1090603.jpg

P1090598.jpg

Since learning photoshop I have gone mad and done lots of radical things with photos, and Ive had fun with the christmas ones.

tlc I love your dogs :party:

the first 2 pics and the 7th are my favs, and your non-Holly cat has absolutely gorgeous eyes!

great work tadpole - I haven't figured out how to do the diptych (or quadtych????) yet, really need to though 'cause I often can't choose between 2 similar pics that would work well together in a kinda storytelling pic. Did Abbey need encouragement to play with the santa hat or did you just throw it and it was all over? :cheer: What is that she's playing with in the 2nd pic? looks to me like a toy wreath? where'd you get it, or did you make it?

I reckon Ralphdog did a great job with that sleigh :) and great work all round ... very Christmassy feel ... hohoho Rocco :o

edit: Abbey :cheers:

Edited by Clicking Mad

Hey, thanks, The non Holly cat is Bailey James he is a stunner!!

001.jpg

Absolutley love the Roc'n'Ralph xmas pic it is so good and the sled is fantasitc!!

t(AD)pole love the doggy playing with the santa hat, your pics are excellent so crystal clear!!

hope some more pist some xmas pics!!