Japanese Spitz Discoloured Eye Rings

casnpete

She is very cute. What has she been diagnosed with? Entropion? There are some tear stain removal products on the market that might be helpful.
I did leave a message on the breeders phone but they still havent called me back. I will keep trying though as i this they shoudl know and pass it on the anyone wh will in the future buy their other puppies....!

I am doubting very much that the dodgey BYB breeders will call you back. They have your money now. Lets hope others do not buy their other puppies.

May I ask why you chose not to go to a registered breeder in the first place? The cost?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I have some bad news my little one just (10mins) ago was rushed to the vet hospital. My hubby got off night shift last night (I was at work by that time) and cleaned up after her as yep she's a messy puppy and noticed that she had vomited a few times. He watch her most of the day besides his sleep and let me know that she had don't a few more vomits during the day as well as the runs (which she has had for 2 day, we just put that down to change of diet). So off he went to work again and I got home about 1.5 hrs after him. She was very bad by this stage, I called her at first and she had enough energy to come between I called her about 10mins later she wouldn't come. I was worried at this point, she tried to get up but she just put her head up and swayed it from side to side then back down again she went. I went over to her and she just wet her self and layed in it I then rushed her over to the vet and they put her on a drip straight away. The vet just called while I'm writing this and she said she has responded well the the drip and is sitting up and looking much better... Few.... They said they still have the treat her for the runs other wise she will go back to the disorientation again but they cant promise anything and will keep her overnight! God I hope she is ok!

The money was a bit of an issue as we just brought our 1st house 2 weeks ago other wise I would have and I have learnt from my mistakes that's for sure.

I finally got a hold of the breeder and they have agreed to pay for her eye operation thank god! They where pretty understanding but hey you can never tell if anyone is telling the truth these days.

Well I will let you all know how she goes,

Thanks again for all the support!

She is very cute. What has she been diagnosed with? Entropion? There are some tear stain removal products on the market that might be helpful.
I did leave a message on the breeders phone but they still havent called me back. I will keep trying though as i this they shoudl know and pass it on the anyone wh will in the future buy their other puppies....!

I am doubting very much that the dodgey BYB breeders will call you back. They have your money now. Lets hope others do not buy their other puppies.

May I ask why you chose not to go to a registered breeder in the first place? The cost?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I have some bad news my little one just (10mins) ago was rushed to the vet hospital. My hubby got off night shift last night (I was at work by that time) and cleaned up after her as yep she's a messy puppy and noticed that she had vomited a few times. He watch her most of the day besides his sleep and let me know that she had don't a few more vomits during the day as well as the runs (which she has had for 2 day, we just put that down to change of diet). So off he went to work again and I got home about 1.5 hrs after him. She was very bad by this stage, I called her at first and she had enough energy to come between I called her about 10mins later she wouldn't come. I was worried at this point, she tried to get up but she just put her head up and swayed it from side to side then back down again she went. I went over to her and she just wet her self and layed in it I then rushed her over to the vet and they put her on a drip straight away. The vet just called while I'm writing this and she said she has responded well the the drip and is sitting up and looking much better... Few.... They said they still have the treat her for the runs other wise she will go back to the disorientation again but they cant promise anything and will keep her overnight! God I hope she is ok!

The money was a bit of an issue as we just brought our 1st house 2 weeks ago other wise I would have and I have learnt from my mistakes that's for sure.

I finally got a hold of the breeder and they have agreed to pay for her eye operation thank god! They where pretty understanding but hey you can never tell if anyone is telling the truth these days.

I hope she is ok, casnpete - shall send healing vibes. Doesthe vet know what the problem is?

That's great about the breeder paying for the eye operation. May I suggest you get a quote from the vet, and ask her to refund part of the puchase price for the eye operation. I say that because in 3 or 6 months, she might not be around, and/or she may change her mind. So, if you can get it now, you wont have to worry later.

So sorry to hear about the problems with your little girl. :laugh:

I love the Jap Spitz, they're adorable.

Is the vet going to do a feacal float? Might help to rule out the possibility of gardia or coccidia. I had a pup with coccidia and she had the vomits, a touch of diarrehea and was very very listless to the point where she couldn't stand. :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

Hope your bub is feeling better soon...

will keep reading!!

Hi All,

Just an update on my little gal Mia, she is home safe and well thank god! The vet did a few tests but nothing came up just that she had extremely low glucose and put it down to new food, house and environment. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again!!!

Will let you know how she goes and how the eye operation goes also.

Thanks for all the support it really did help as I'm the biggest baby when it comes to my family (yes animals are my family hehe)

P.S Mia says thanks also by licking the screen hehe

Glad it was nothing too serious..... although, having said that.... just watch her. I have a friend whose dog had hypoglycaemic episodes fairly often.... where he collapsed.. and at first they thought it was heart attacks!

god i hope not... will keep an eye on her. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey All,

Just thought id give you an update on Mia my once sick little puppy.

Well she has made it through and is doing great. She can only have a special diet "Science diet" or she gets an upset belly but thats it. her eye operation is in april along with desexing. I am just so glad she is well and still here..

Here are some updated pics... she looks so totally different but still so cute...

P.S She has now found her voice and teeth hehe typical puppy now hehe

thanks for all the help and support before.

Casnpete

post-26819-1232340666_thumb.jpg

Hi Casnpete,

I have just read the story about your poor baby. I hope she is ok now.

Did you do any research into the breeder before purchasing Mia ? :laugh:

This is a terrible situation that no new dog owner should have to go through. You were lucky the breeder was so co-operative.