Kibble Thread - What Do You Feed, What Result/s?

poochmad

We feed Advance to Charlotte (3.5yrs) and Bonnie Working dog to Zoe (2yrs). Zoe gets more raw than dry so it really is only breakfast and lasts her forever!

Both girls are doing extremely well with their diets so i am happy :D

Nutrience Holistic: one of the only foods to make Atlas actually look well! Poos solid, and not too many.

Nutrience Active: Only food that keeps weigh on kaos, poos as above

Nutro: was ok at first, but i got a batch of the crap stuff, not sure if it is even here anymore, but wont be using it again

Nutrience Kitten and Elite, As above :D Shiny coats, happy cats, not many poos

However i still would say is't a great food...but i don't think you can get it in Aus anymore anyway...lol.

Nutro is set for relaunch in a matter of days.

Sags

Do you mean that it's being imported again? Is it the same formula? Nutro was the best food I've ever fed to my dogs, they did brilliantly on it.

No, it's now being made in Australia. I have only seen two of the lines and the formula appears slightly different, but not in any way that would negatively impact the results.

However, the proof will be in the eating. And pooing. :confused:

Thanks Sags. I'll probably give it a try, I haven't been entirely happy with any other dry food I've tried.

Terrorbull, you were probably caught in the betwitx and between when Nutro were having problems with irradiation of food by AQIS.

We have been feeding Ziwipeak since Nutro pulled the plug here last year, we are more than happy with the results but its costing us an arm and a leg to feed 8 dogs. :confused:

We have tried Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Ultra and not happy with sloppy poohs (our are all house dogs).

We are currently trialling Artemis and so far so good :laugh: since Tues.

Would be interested in trying Nutro as we fed the US formula for nearly 8 years :cry:

EP Holistic Chicken & Rice - Dogs perform great, shiny coat, poo a little on the hard side but no problem, dogs don't go crazy for them but don't hate it either.

This is the only kibble I feed my dog, mainly because we can't get any other super premium from where we live. Will start trying other formulas soon.

Terrorbull, you were probably caught in the betwitx and between when Nutro were having problems with irradiation of food by AQIS.

yep, i was, and i wont ever get it again. My dogs do well on nutrience, and i am happy with it, so wont be changing !!

ive had my 2 x 12 month old boxers on supacoat for about 6 months and just recently swtiched to Eukanuba, no real change seen yet. Once at 15 months i will switch them to Royal Canin Boxer.

They also get meaty bones and chicken necks, wings, lamb shanks etc every other day.

Only thing this thread proves is that every dog is different.

I change my dog food regularly between the premium brands. Does not do them any harm at all. I think I prefer Pro Plan though, as a first choice. Did Nutrience for a while and output a bit sloppier than preferred. Nutro proved nothing special for my dogs and too hard to get reliably. Generally I buy whatever has the best special/promo. Dry food is less than half of their diet anyway.

My cat though is much better on Eukanuba (hairball) than any other. Nutrience made her very sloppy. Have used Hill's also, but she still had hairball issues. Same with the better supermarket brands. Euk definately for her.