Camera Help

Daisys Mum

Hi guys and girls :laugh:

Going by the photos i have seen in Dol and in here i drool over the cameras you all use...

Now i am in the market for a new camera, but i am a bimbo when it comes to anything fiddly or technical :) , i have been looking around and i am quite keen on the Slr, i also like Nikons, so i guess what im asking is what is a easy to use camera, not too pricey ( around $1000 max)here is one i found when searching:

http://www.teds.com.au/www/6/1001102/displ...--2210233_.html

Or maybe someone will give me advice on other brands :(

Thanks! sorry in advance if i havent listed everything that you all need to know.

Edited by kiwigirl

If you just want to have a bash at a DSLR and have a bit of fun, try second hand perhaps a D80? I think there is something on ebay right now in that area with lenses to boot. The risk? well you never really know the condition or have a warranty. Have a look at the D60 at the shops, they are really cute.

I noticed on Rugers link they had the D40x in there as a great camera buy. I seriously couldnt recomend this camera enough. My first camera that I bought to see if I would enjoy photography without breaking the bank. Light weight, easy to use and CHEAP as chips!!

I have now given it to my dad as he wants to start photography. I will sadly miss that little ripper camera. :laugh:

So if you want a low budget camera that is great to learn with, I would recommend that.

Dont feel the pressure to buy the D90 or D300.... the D60 will def get you started if it's what you want. :laugh:

hmmm so the D40... i quite like the shape and love the large lcd screen! :cool:

You will want the D40x as its higher MP. But it still will be cheap as chips on ebay. As should the D60.

Keep in mind with the D40x you will only be able to run the AF-S lenses if you want auto focus as it doesn't have a internal focusing system. But your kit lenses will be AF-S and do you well while you learn. And when you go to upgrade to good glass generally the newer AF-S lenes will be what you want anyway. But if your not planning on getting serious it's a great camera to have fun with and it really takes some nice pictures.

I took these with it just the other weekend, so as you can see it's very capable what you throw at it for the money.

D40x pictures

If you like the D60 go that as it is a step better then the D40x and can run the AF lenses. :laugh:

You really dont need top of the line most expensive camera on the market to get great pics IMO. :laugh:

How exciting, I was way too impatient to buy mine online. Once I decided I wanted it I had to have it that very day!!! Make sure you post your pics here. there's so many really experienced photographers here, you'll get lots of valuable advice, and encouragement! congrats hope it comes soon.

Oh congrats on your camera, cant wait to see pics. I have had my d80 for a while but only really recently have started to use it on manual. Everyone here is great and so helpfully you will love it!!

yeah i bought it Wed and it was registered express post so it was quick!

I am so very happy wit it so far... want to take more but will take some more after work tomorrow :banghead:

I'm glad you are happy with it, you will be surprise how many photos you take. My computer's hard drive is only 80gig and its full :)

Enjoy! :rolleyes: