Dogs Training Is Easy!?!?

Very cute and very interesting - makes you think about training methods!

My daughter had to train a rat for her psychology course to perform a previously unknown task using positive reinforcement, she said that it learnt surprisingly quickly. I think from memory that had only a week to train it too.

My daughter had to train a rat for her psychology course to perform a previously unknown task using positive reinforcement, she said that it learnt surprisingly quickly. I think from memory that had only a week to train it too.

From what I remember of my very scant learnings of training rats/mice (not that I have done so myself), I think with them, once they have made the trail they tend to follow their own scent and therefore follow the same trail over, for the rewards. Could be wrong, but that's what I think I remember of it - was to do with training rats through mazes.

Edited by Erny

a friend of mine is training a pig right now, the pig is pregnant and is at an agricultural school. She has taught the pig to turn on a shower to keep cool :rofl: click and treat.. She is very impressed with the pigs and wonders of she could train it to CCD :eek: