50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

Wow your pics are so professional Becandcharch, put me to shame :rofl:

Yeh that's my little Blue, she is adorable, she is 6 months & her ears are still sticking up in the air, so strange, people think she is a French Bulldog!! And she has one green eye & one brown eye.

I mean here- photos not copying - :p

Edited by Steve

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, I don't know anyone who has a DSLR unfortunately. I know I'm being impatient, I just love the pics bec takes with hers so much that I'd be thrilled if I could come up with something half as good for the calendar (I realise talent plays a part in this too.. lol).

U do know someone :D

I purchased the 50mm 1.8 D Nikon during the week which has arrived... going to get out and play with it over the weekend.

BTW JS - I used DD Electronics (Singapore Website) and DWI for my purchases, much cheaper than B&H Video and quicker. DDE are based in Sydney and the 50mm 1.8 D came the day after I ordered it, and for much less than B&H or CameraHouse :p

Well recommended, just check the Whirlpool forums :rofl:

I'll probably stick it on the camera for the DOL meet on Sunday too :laugh:

Wow your pics are so professional Becandcharch, put me to shame :rofl:

Yeh that's my little Blue, she is adorable, she is 6 months & her ears are still sticking up in the air, so strange, people think she is a French Bulldog!! And she has one green eye & one brown eye.

I mean here- photos not copying - :p

I can't see what pic you are selecting but all of them are of Blue, I only have the one dog............couldn't have more than 1 of her............she is a handful to say the least!! :laugh:

I was thinking I'd buy instore for that sort of price Kirislin. The reason I'm thinking now instead of waiting for Xmas sales is because this weekend I'm spending a few hours each day taking the final photos for a calendar that has photos of Justice, my best friend's dog and her sister's dogs. It would be great to have a super new lens to use. :rofl:

Healthy4Paws, everyone posting in this thread has a DSLR camera of one kind or another as they allow you to change the lenses for different types of photos and effects. The prices vary significantly from less than $1000 to several thousand dollars depending on what you buy. I have the Canon 1000D, which is their entry level DSLR for novices. I got it with a twin lens kit for $1110 from JB Hi-Fi with a 2 year extended warranty during the end of financial year sales this year.

ETA: Forgot to answer your question re: photography courses. I think they're really helpful if you want to use the manual settings on your camera and have more control over your photos. I did an 8 week course through a community college for $120 and it was invaluable. You can also learn from books, people you know with DSLRs or people on DOL. I typed all of my course notes into a thread on DOL to help out other beginners so that might be of some assistance too.

I'd wait till after christmas if I were you JS - everything comes down in price. I know my 1.8 did last year... shame that I broke it. :p

The places around here all wanted $180-$210 for the lens too - i ended up getting it for $108. There's a huge saving to be made if you wait a little!

I went into Camera house today to look at the 50mm for my sony, I was all pumped up to buy it only to discover they had sold out :D

Huh, how about that, they must have all been reading this thread! :o

Love the first and last in particular Shell.

Lol yeah must have been :D I ordered one online last night :D

I forgot to say shell.... Great shots I love the one of zero mid shake :o

Yay! You'll be posting in this thread soon!

I forgot to post the mid-shake one in here. I can't believe I got a shot of him with his eyes looking in two different directions lol!

4159523434_aaa1def3a9.jpg

I went into Camera house today to look at the 50mm for my sony, I was all pumped up to buy it only to discover they had sold out :o

Are you getting the 1.4 or 1.8? Let me know what you think coz I have my money ready- I just need to get organised and buy it- I am thinking the 1.4 as it is birthday money that I need to spend (And I cant think of anything better to spend in on coz I am not allowed to spend it on the dogs LOL)

I went into Camera house today to look at the 50mm for my sony, I was all pumped up to buy it only to discover they had sold out :D

Are you getting the 1.4 or 1.8? Let me know what you think coz I have my money ready- I just need to get organised and buy it- I am thinking the 1.4 as it is birthday money that I need to spend (And I cant think of anything better to spend in on coz I am not allowed to spend it on the dogs LOL)

I bought the 1.8 because I just cant afford the 1.4 at the moment. I ended up buying from www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au they have free shipping this month :laugh:

Love the 1.8.... haven't taken any pics yet worth posting, but I am sure it'll be out at next Sunday's meet :laugh:

I went for it over the 1.4 because so many reviews said the 1.4 isn't that sharp at 1.4 and is as good as the 1.8 at 1.8, so I thought I'd save the money as I don't think I'd need the extra light :laugh:

That's odd - i find the canon model to be very sharp at 1.4 :D

I took some photos tonight of our head instructor's new BC pup (i've had a play with them to remove the leash and give them a softer look but they're pretty close to what came out of the camera) and realised how hard it is to get a pup to sit still when it's owner isn't around:

4166167458_81d24c096b.jpg

4165406209_5787e63ea4.jpg

Is that Dianne's baby and does she have a name yet :cry: .

That's her!! And her name is Abby. :D

Dianne was putting one of the other instructors through their paces in the ring and everytime she called something out, Abby would stop and look at her - I'm sure she'll be in the ring in no time with Dianne training her!

:cry: from the discussion on Ozobedience I wasn't sure if it was going to be Abby or not but it apparently is for the moment still :D . Hope she has her out next week when I am there but I will have to get somebody to hold my midget while I say hi because she is a bit of an evil around really young pups.

:cry: from the discussion on Ozobedience I wasn't sure if it was going to be Abby or not but it apparently is for the moment still :cry: . Hope she has her out next week when I am there but I will have to get somebody to hold my midget while I say hi because she is a bit of an evil around really young pups.

I hope so! She's a cutie!!

That's odd - i find the canon model to be very sharp at 1.4 :D

Maybe the problem is that SchnauzerBoy went for the lesser brand and bought himself a Nikon :cry:

*shudder*

:cry:

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Maybe the problem is that SchnauzerBoy went for the lesser brand and bought himself a Nikon :heart:

Nope, just did my first outing down the dog park with the nifty fifty and loving it :heart:

However, still got to learn a bit more on using a prime glass, but here are the first few photos taken at the park today

4173464555_8c5d1cb2fb.jpg

4173463955_22950c9c37.jpg

4174218102_d90619651c.jpg

4174215420_4a651b6f05.jpg

4174213668_383fcb1254.jpg

4174217176_d8c9a9ca7f.jpg

Edited by SchnauzerBoy

No pic to post but I just wanted to tell everyone that my Secret Santa is freakin' awesome and insane and has sent me the 50mm f1.8 lens for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Far out! How amazing is that, and why haven't you put it on your camera. Wow, isn't it lucky you didn't go out and buy one eh?

Big congrats to you and what a generous Secret Santa you have.