50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

I'm still trying to get used to the lens :thumbsup:

I need to practicc more with it I think.

here is my lovely niece. The best photo of a bad bunch :laugh: I just don't seem to get any sharp ones

436.jpg

I have not edited it in any way it is straight from the camera

Edited by black magic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More great shots guys!!

JS, I dont know how you will NOT take any pics of Justice in January for the challenge that in itself is a big challenge :thumbsup: My pics will probly be all dogs!! Im trying to think of a challenge for myself that can include the dogs without being boring to everyone?? Thinking cap is on!! I loved one of the challenges last year (cant remember what the month was) but my challenge was to take a pic of my four all together with no leads on one everyday. it was hard but I had fun doing it!! I cant remember now If I got through the whole month. Sorry I have got right off the topic of the 50 mm, maybe since mine is still on the camera from today, well yesterday now, Ill start with it and see how I go even for half the month then change.

Edited to add Happy New Year to all my photo buddies!!

Edited by tlc

Ok I looked online at Dirtcheap cameras and they have listed the lenses at 140 and 480? Only place I could find them sooooooo how far away are you all shooting from please and are the above prices about right?

Hubbys going OS so not only going to get him to check out the flash but these aswell although 140 isnt alot for over here and neither is 480

Are you a Canon or Nikon person? I dont know about Nikon prices but you should be able to get a Canon 1.8 cheaper than that online and even retail.

DWI: http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/...sp?idProduct=63

here's the 1.4 http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/...sp?idProduct=62

Cameras Direct: https://www.camerasdirect.com.au/index.php/....8-ii-lens.html

although you still have to add postage on top.

Beeb got one retail from JB hi fi for $120!

I got mine from Ted's Camera House on 30th Dec for $129

ok - so I took these - but I am having trouble with focus...

this first one - ok cos outside...

but I don't get why I am having trouble with focus on lots of my photos...

These next two were taken about 5 seconds apart - so light conditions the same etc... Don't think the subjects were moving that much but one is good, one isn't

Any tips or suggestions?

I won't be leaving these photos up for longer than around 24 hours - so if any of you see these - would appreciate help

eta - had to take the photos down - but thanks for all your tips and help. Had much more success yesterday. will post a couple

Edited by jr_inoz

These next two were taken about 5 seconds apart - so light conditions the same etc... Don't think the subjects were moving that much but one is good, one isn't

Any tips or suggestions?

I won't be leaving these photos up for longer than around 24 hours - so if any of you see these - would appreciate help

What were the settings you were using at the time for the indoor shots?

Snap - nice chrissy decoration!!

Justice - love the roorooo one!!

ETA: Thanks TN! I can't believe I finally got a photo of it... lol.

And you did a great job of it, too!!

I took this one of Soaks with my 1.8 - It's one of my favourites of her... She was protesting about having to sit on the foreshore while I took some shots (we were supposed to be on a walk)... Says it all about her personality!

4199644458_20e3708ca5.jpg

I love that photo of Soaks Nik!

Here are a few from new years eve - I'm not great at photographing dark coloured dogs (I'm really not used to it!) so I wanted to challenge myself to take a few shots of a dark dog on a dark background:

4233066449_78976d262d.jpg

4233834222_4d574ff602.jpg

4233842560_7b62800805.jpg

Any tips or suggestions?

What were the settings you were using at the time for the indoor shots?

Snap - nice chrissy decoration!!

Justice - love the roorooo one!!

thanks for the tips

Had a look at the settings

ISO was 400

shutter speed 1/50 - but I had it in the auto program mode (not the full auto but the one where you can change focal points etc)

will keep working on it.

Yep, I agree with Kirislin - the middle one is the best!! Now how much do you want to buy a speedlite :rofl:

Jr_inoz - I'm assuming you were either in TV or AV mode then... I would make sure that there was plenty of natural light coming into the room and set your shutter speed much higher. Put in TV and with enough lighting you could probably get away with 1/125 or 1/160 without needing to crank up the ISO. Of course that's assuming your subjects are sitting pretty still. If you are finding the shots are too dark and you're needing to use 1/250 (or higher - to compensate for moving subjects), turn up your ISO. Hope that helps.

Edited by TerraNik

I love that photo of Soaks Nik!

Here are a few from new years eve - I'm not great at photographing dark coloured dogs (I'm really not used to it!) so I wanted to challenge myself to take a few shots of a dark dog on a dark background:

4233066449_78976d262d.jpg

4233834222_4d574ff602.jpg

4233842560_7b62800805.jpg

They are great!! Dont worry I will give you plenty of opportuntiy to take pics of dark shiny dogs this year!

TN, love the arooo roooo one of Soaks sooo cute!! Ive been trying to attemp to shoot my pup barking have not been very successeful yet, might have to try to get Lacy she does arooo roooo very well especailly when I first get home after being away for a while!!

Shell your Kelpie shots are fantastic!!

Snap, Loving your landscapes!!

Edited by tlc