Frustrated With Fleas!

ausgirl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIghtio, not quite 24 hours since her bath/rinse and this mroning scratch scrath scrath..........fleas running all over her? Does it take a little while for permoxin to work?

Can you catch them?

A flea you can catch is a dying flea.

You must have an infestation atm :thumbsup: Keep at it, treat all the pets, bomb the house/car, spray the yard etc etc.

RIghtio, not quite 24 hours since her bath/rinse and this mroning scratch scrath scrath..........fleas running all over her? Does it take a little while for permoxin to work?

Can you catch them?

A flea you can catch is a dying flea.

You must have an infestation atm :thumbsup: Keep at it, treat all the pets, bomb the house/car, spray the yard etc etc.

Mmm I thought that too will be doing house on Thurs as we are away, have treated all other animals, have checked them and cant see any on them, havent been in car yet (new car lol) but they will on THurs so will spray it before and after. Yard will do when we get back. Poor buggers, no cant catch fleas too quick or Im too old and slow lol

Not normal, but if your infestation is bad fleas are going to continuously jump on her and then subsequently die.

Permoxin is instant, the fleas should have started dying the minute it went on the dog.

If I were you, I'd lime outside (everywhere the dog goes), flea bomb and permoxin all within a 2 day period (a weekend.)

To my knowledge with fleas only 1-5% of them are actually on the dog at any one time, so for every one flea you see on your dog there is up to 99 other fleas somewhere in their environment breeding away happily - which is why it is so important to treat the environment.

We had huge flea problems at our old house - the neighbours cats used to wander into our yard and they had a lot of fleas so we struggled to keep on top of it. We used to use frontline but since they added the second ingredient to the spot-on ones they dont seem to work well for fleas or ticks. The spray is much better but doesn't bind as fast. We use the fidos Free-itch concentrate now - seems to work very well for fleas and when I was working as a vet nurse in a very high tick area, we tested all the different products on some live ticks we'd pulled off dogs and fidos seemed to kill them the fastest everytime. And it is really cheap! :rofl:

The only way you will rid your environment from fleas is to use products that kill prevent the eggs from hatching and that act upon larvae. If you only use products that kill the adults new fleas will be continually emerging.

I have found that products such as Raid Flea Killer plus, Virbac Protecta Home Spray, and Excelpet Fleaban house and carpet spray are excellent.

In the house the value of thorough vacuuming cannot be stressed enough, all soft furnishings and floors thoroughly vacuumed and bombed or sprayed. If you your pet travels in your car the same applies there, vacuum and spray.

All undercover areas that your pet frequents need to be sprayed with a product that works on all stages of the flea life cycle and continual spraying for adults in all other areas.

A Product such as Revolution that acts upon the adults eggs and larvae used in conjuction with Capstar and treating the environment consistently will dramatically help reduce the infestation.

All animals in the household must be treated with suitable products at the same time.

Capstar used every time the animal has been out and about will also help by killing new arrivals that hitch hike home.

Do not allow any animals onto your premises unless they have been treated.

Treating an infestation is not cheap, but if you do it properly you will eliminate them, it cost us a small fortune to treat an outbreak here that started with my grooming towels I bought home to wash. We live on large acreage so it wasn't cheap and it was hard work, but it was worth it.

Edited by Crisovar

Hi again spoke to son they ahve acerage and have fleas this time every year. Now they ahve bombed house, treated all dogs and house yard has been sprayed....they ahve garden lime but havent used it as were told it burns animals feet? So if they are using advantix on their dogs is there anything else they can use aswell to treat them for fleas since advantix isnt working, have sued capstar etc. Now as for my little miss who was treated on the weekend with permoxin rinse she is still scratching, have used capstar....I have advantix to put on her on the weekend since I forgot permoxin, if fleas are so bad my dog gets covered is there anyhting else that i can use on her besides the advantix? Or can I not use this spot on if I treated her with permoxin on the weekend (we are talking 7 days this Saturday) Thanks everyone for all your help thus far :-)

Hi again spoke to son they ahve acerage and have fleas this time every year. Now they ahve bombed house, treated all dogs and house yard has been sprayed....they ahve garden lime but havent used it as were told it burns animals feet? So if they are using advantix on their dogs is there anything else they can use aswell to treat them for fleas since advantix isnt working, have sued capstar etc. Now as for my little miss who was treated on the weekend with permoxin rinse she is still scratching, have used capstar....I have advantix to put on her on the weekend since I forgot permoxin, if fleas are so bad my dog gets covered is there anyhting else that i can use on her besides the advantix? Or can I not use this spot on if I treated her with permoxin on the weekend (we are talking 7 days this Saturday) Thanks everyone for all your help thus far :-)

Is she scratching because she still has fleas, or because she has reacted to the bites, big difference.

Is she scratching because she still has fleas, or because she has reacted to the bites, big difference.

Did a check before still has fleas am going to stop and get some more capstar