Snoods

havahug

Ok I was just watching a Dr Harry Utube of Chinese Cresteds and the Powder Puff was wearing a Crouchet Snood, it was triangled shape and looks as though it would be great for my Hav's also. Does anyone know where I could get some or if anyone can make them

About a quarter of the way thru the film clip

Cresteds

Edited by havahug

Oh Havahug, if you get the pattern maybe I could bug you for it? I would love to have a go at making some. And they are the cutest snoods I have ever seen.

HEHEHE I am hopeless at making anything so I will have to buy them already made. My mum was a dress maker, had 6 girls and only one knows how to sew and guess what it isn't me :3monkeys:

OH, well if you get the pattern and it's not too hard maybe I could make a couple? I can crochet and do some basic knitting but haven't for a long time - however I have an extremely talented MIL who does all manner of craft, patchwork, crocheting, knitting, sewing by hand and machine. My mum is also very talented, if all else fails I will send it to my mum or MIL :rofl:

Hey Havahug! Lowenhart's mum makes GORGEOUS crochet snoods for the Lowchen and they fit really well on the Havs :):)

I'll see if i can get a pic of Panda with hers on :( Looks so adorable!

Crochet ones are the way to go as I've found that some of others with the elastic slip back over the head more often.

Just watched the video. So the snood doesn't hold the ears but holds the hair fringe back. It looks like it is a triangle shape with holes for the ears to go thru. Is this right?

If you can find a pattern or can get hold of a picture of the snood I can have a go at crocheting/knitting one.

I used to make these for my Lhasas. Success depends very much on exactly correct measurements. It must be tight enough around in front of the ears to be firm without being too tight and the length from front to back must be right too, so it doesn't go past the occiput. The choice of yarn is important too, as some will cause the head-fall to catch in it and mat quite quickly. They really need to be tailor made for each dog.