Gundog Owners - Training Day Nsw

This Valentine’s Day…

Do something special for the gundog in your life…

Retrieving for Gundogs;

Training Day

When:
Saturday 14th February, 2009

From 10am until 3pm

Where:
Marulan area

What:
A full program of activities including:

o Practical demonstrations

o Introduction to the gun, game and water retrieves

o Small groups and plenty of opportunity to practise with your own dog.

Cost:
Due to generous support by club members and triallers this training day is
FREE
. A BBQ lunch will be included.

Bring:
a chair to sit on, your dog, and a lead to restrain it, and enjoy a day out with the experienced and friendly members of the Working Gundog Club.

For further information, directions to the training ground & for catering purposes, please book in before 1st February 2009 by contacting:

Mary Law on (02) 4455 6350 home

0408 287 645 mobile

or [email protected] email (Preferred option)

Please provide your name, dog’s name, number of persons attending (for catering purposes) and your contact details.

See below for program outline.

Proudly presented by:

The Working Gundog Club of NSW Inc

Affiliated with Dogs NSW

Retrieving for Gundogs Training Day

Schedule

10am SESSION 1 – GUNS, GAME and LAND RETRIEVES

Pre-requisites:

➢ Heel

➢ Recall

➢ Basic Retrieve with Dummy and/or Game

1. Demonstration – Novice land mark

2. Introduction to gun safety/handling

3. Introduction to gunfire for dogs

4. Game

5. Practise basic land retrieves

BREAK FOR LUNCH

12pm – 1pm

1pm SESSION 2 – WATER RETRIEVES

6. Demonstration – Novice water mark

7. Introduction to water

8. Practise basic water retrieves

Edited by Tangwyn

This sound like a really good opportunity for some keen Gundog people to go and see what it is all about and learn from some knowledgeable people.

Fantastic that its free too. I hope you get lots of takers.

Are spectators welcome?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry guys for the delay in reply - haven't been online very much! Spectators are welcome however I expect with the wind and rain it won't be an entirely pleasant day to be sitting outside! Perfect gundog weather though! :p

Lablover - great news about the duck season! Swamps filled up then? Have noticed a heap more ducks in NSW but very doubtful we'll ever get a season back!

No Easter trial for me this year. Pepper won't be competitive in AA until next season. I'm giving him a test run in a couple of May trials but that will be it for this year. He only just turned 2 in Nov and I don't want to put him under too much pressure. How are your guys doing?

Thanks rubyroo :) The weather was very, very kind to us don't you think? Stinger's a lovely dog - so much energy and enthusiasm! Is he your only?

I was extremely relieved with the weather, I dont think I would have got out of the car if it was warm, all that tussock looked like a lovely place for snakes to hide!! :laugh: I also have Stingers mum 'Ruby' but she likes to do her own thing by herself, I would have been lucky if she came back before we left, way too many things for her to chase, so she can stay at home unless there are fences!! :) bad dog. Pepper is a lovely looking dog, how is the retreiving going for you, we didnt get to see you in action, although you did a fantastic job on the thrower!! :rolleyes: Thanks again, cant wait for the next one.

Lablover - great news about the duck season! Swamps filled up then? Have noticed a heap more ducks in NSW but very doubtful we'll ever get a season back!

No Easter trial for me this year. Pepper won't be competitive in AA until next season. I'm giving him a test run in a couple of May trials but that will be it for this year. He only just turned 2 in Nov and I don't want to put him under too much pressure. How are your guys doing?

Sounds like everyone had a great time. My guys are going OK. Stamp finished both days in our first and only trial so far. Yank was naughty. Peppa finished one day, failed to find one mark on the other. She did the concept but had no luck finding the damm mark. Andrew who has not run a dog for years, had fun with Yo. Poor dog/poor man he had not trained or trialled Yo ever. But he stays wonderful calm and quite. Boy did Gareth give me a hard time when he joined our discussion. ha

Yo rocks :eek: He's great with beginner handlers too :laugh:

Yo will happily work for everyone. Rather cool trait I think.

Hi Lablover,

Just caught the tail end of this thread. Did you head north for the training day???? :hitself: Not sure if I read that right... :rofl:

Are you entered for the Golden/GSP Club trials at the end of the month? I've entered Candy for the Sunday only (Novice) as I had a prior commitment on the Saturday.

Hope you, Andrew and the boys are all well.

Tangwyn,

Haven't caught up with you in ages. Glad to hear Peppa's on track for AA. Hope to catch up with you some time in the near future...

t

Edited by woody2shoes

Yo rocks :thumbsup: He's great with beginner handlers too :rofl:

Yo will happily work for everyone. Rather cool trait I think.

Hi Lablover,

Just caught the tail end of this thread. Did you head north for the training day???? :laugh: Not sure if I read that right... :rofl:

Are you entered for the Golden/GSP Club trials at the end of the month? I've entered Candy for the Sunday only (Novice) as I had a prior commitment on the Saturday.

Hope you, Andrew and the boys are all well.

Tangwyn,

Haven't caught up with you in ages. Glad to hear Peppa's on track for AA. Hope to catch up with you some time in the near future...

t

Mrs T,

Have entered GSP/GR trial. See you up there.

Travelled up to NSW for a training day. Not that crazy......yet!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...