Help Me Register My Dog

sydking

Bilbo baggins I really feel this dipstick has no idea. :laugh: how rude l am speechless.

I think Sydking may have left the building, good l thought this place was to help people

not call names and be dictated to.

Good luck with your pup Sydking.

tybrax

• Haha 1

I think Sydking may have left the building, good l thought this place was to help people

I draw the line at helping people break the law. My advice is limited to trying to do the right thing by the dog. I make no apologies for that regardless of how stupid the law is.

He'll need it. Once the first person in the neighbourhood complains to his parents about the "menace" in the household, I expect there will be difficulties. No dog should have to pay the price for human error but they do, all too frequently. :laugh:

ETA: No one would be more delighted than me to have my "panic" and "melodrama" proved unnecessary.

Edited by poodlefan

sydking no offence but I've seen your posts on other APBT forums, why are you so keen on getting around the rules? WHat youve said on other forums suggests the dog is no more than a status symbol. Register the dog as what it is and contain it properly. Registereing it as an AST is irresponsible and I think only makes things worse for people with papered ASTs. I have said it before - you got the dog, you have the dog, suck it up and register the dog as what it is, and contain it properly.

Also I can not see where the "negativity" is. It's the truth.

Guest rhapsodical78

I draw the line at helping people break the law. My advice is limited to trying to do the right thing by the dog. I make no apologies for that regardless of how stupid the law is.

He'll need it. Once the first person in the neighbourhood complains to his parents about the "menace" in the household, I expect there will be difficulties. No dog should have to pay the price for human error but they do, all too frequently. :confused:

ETA: No one would be more delighted than me to have my "panic" and "melodrama" proved unnecessary.

You clearly have no idea how haughty you sound. Catch more bees with honey? Flyspray could do a better job than you've just done.

amstaffs are in danger of bieng targeted by bsl because thier apbt's, not because people are registering thier dogs as amstaffs.

Never fear Dogs NSW have cut a deal for the ANKC registered breeds. Amstaff is one of those, APBT is not.

If they are indeed the same dog, you have to wonder why anyone would purchase an APBT , when there is the perfectly legal alternative in the Amstaff.

The moral of the story is, want a bull breed, then buy one from an ethical ANKC registered breeder and you will be provided with a microchip and a slip of paper called a pedigree that will ensure your dog is not a found to be a "restricted breed"

He'll need it. Once the first person in the neighbourhood complains to his parents about the "menace" in the household, I expect there will be difficulties. No dog should have to pay the price for human error but they do, all too frequently. ;)

You clearly have no idea how haughty you sound. Catch more bees with honey? Flyspray could do a better job than you've just done.

Ouch! :confused:

Guest rhapsodical78
amstaffs are in danger of bieng targeted by bsl because thier apbt's, not because people are registering thier dogs as amstaffs.

Never fear Dogs NSW have cut a deal for the ANKC registered breeds. Amstaff is one of those, APBT is not.

If they are indeed the same dog, you have to wonder why anyone would purchase an APBT , when there is the perfectly legal alternative in the Amstaff.

The moral of the story is, want a bull breed, then buy one from an ethical ANKC registered breeder and you will be provided with a microchip and a slip of paper called a pedigree that will ensure your dog is not a found to be a "restricted breed"

Many people want actual working dogs. Not ones that are just bred to look pretty.

This notion that world abstinence from pitbull purchase will somehow prove we're all responsible, and in turn destroy BSL, is utter crap. I think the most successful method of fighting BSL is to show this law all the respect it deserves: none. When the world realises that these breeds will still thrive despite their feeble, pathetic and uneducated attempts at eradication, BSL will be abolished.

Rhaps:

Many people want actual working dogs. Not ones that are just bred to look pretty.

Really? What sort of work do they want them to do in your average suburban neighbourhood?

What sort of work will the dog of an 18 year old guy living at home, who needed his parents permission to get a dog, need to perform? :laugh: Do you think someone in that situation, who doesn't have fencing secure enough to contain a "working dog" is the kind of owner the breed needs to move ahead?

Personally I think the fact that the breed IS banned is what attracts a certain type of buyer.. the "oh wow, I've got a dog so dangerous its illegal to own one" brigade. :thumbsup: All the more reason to ditch BSL.

Guest rhapsodical78
Rhaps:

Really? What sort of work do they want them to do in your average suburban neighbourhood?

What sort of work will the dog of an 18 year old guy living at home, who needed his parents permission to get a dog, need to perform? :laugh: Do you think someone in that situation, who doesn't have fencing secure enough to contain a "working dog" is the kind of owner the breed needs to move ahead?

Personally I think the fact that the breed IS banned is what attracts a certain type of buyer.. the "oh wow, I've got a dog so dangerous its illegal to own one" brigade. :thumbsup: All the more reason to ditch BSL.

"The moral of the story is, want a bull breed, then buy one from an ethical ANKC registered breeder and you will be provided with a microchip and a slip of paper called a pedigree that will ensure your dog is not a found to be a "restricted breed""

That is what I was responding to. There was no reference made to this particuar case. And if you think the only people who have pits are people who know nothing about working dogs, then I believe you probably need to step out of the show ring for a while and take a glance around.

The moral of the story is, want a bull breed, then buy one from an ethical ANKC registered breeder and you will be provided with a microchip and a slip of paper called a pedigree that will ensure your dog is not a found to be a "restricted breed""

Not my post I'm afraid.

That is what I was responding to. There was no reference made to this particuar case. And if you think the only people who have pits are people who know nothing about working dogs, then I believe you probably need to step out of the show ring for a while and take a glance around.

You still haven't answered the question Rhaps.. what sort of "work" do people who want APBTs want them to perform.

Last time I checked we were talking about a particular case and a particular dog.. the one most people posting in this thread are concerned about.

My background is dog sports, not much showing until now. I know some owners of working bred herding breeds and owners of working gundogs and I know how seriously they take the responsiblity for owning a dog like that in suburbia. I don't know how you've concluded I think APBT owners know nothing about working dogs, I just don't know what "work" their owners expect them to perform. How many of them do any kind of "work" at all?

Edited by poodlefan

Im tired i cant really think of a way to put it more diplomatically right now so instead let me edit and just say yes i agree with this

This notion that world abstinence from pitbull purchase will somehow prove we're all responsible, and in turn destroy BSL, is utter crap. I think the most successful method of fighting BSL is to show this law all the respect it deserves: none. When the world realises that these breeds will still thrive despite their feeble, pathetic and uneducated attempts at eradication, BSL will be abolished.
Edited by calsonic350z

Guest rhapsodical78
The moral of the story is, want a bull breed, then buy one from an ethical ANKC registered breeder and you will be provided with a microchip and a slip of paper called a pedigree that will ensure your dog is not a found to be a "restricted breed""

Not my post I'm afraid.

You still haven't answered the question Rhaps.. what sort of "work" do people who want APBTs want them to perform.

Last time I checked we were talking about a particular case and a particular dog.. the one most people posting in this thread are concerned about.

My background is dog sports, not much showing until now. I know some owners of working bred herding breeds and I know how seriously they take the responsiblity for owning a dog like that in suburbia. I don't know how you've concluded I think APBT owners no nothing about working dogs, I just don't know what "work" their owners expect them to perform. How many of them do any kind of "work" at all?

Not your post? Who said it was? I wasn't responding to a post of yours, I was responding to Warley.

As for what work pit bulls can perform. Wait, your background is dog sports and you have no idea what work pit bulls can be expected to perform? ...

Pit bulls are deployed in many official fields from drug detection to tracking and trailing. They have been known to work as assistance dogs, also.

Aside from that, think of any dog sport you can. Pit bulls are versatile enough to do just about all of them. Weight pulling, high jump, agility, flyball, obedience, frisbee, dock jumping - they can also excel at complex tricks.

Do a little you-tubing perhaps.

Pit bulls are deployed in many official fields from drug detection to tracking and trailing. They have been known to work as assistance dogs, also.

In australia ?

any websites ?

I am not involved in the dogworld much these days.. so wouldn't know if they are employed here, sorry... :thumbsup:

Guest rhapsodical78

In australia ?

any websites ?

I am not involved in the dogworld much these days.. so wouldn't know if they are employed here, sorry... :thumbsup:

No, sadly. None that I know of here. Bit hard considering the whole BSL thing. I was outlining their versatility, not saying that the police force is overun with them.