Help Me Register My Dog

sydking

You could register it as a blue monkey and still have it declared as an APBT by a breed assessor.

Register it as a cross, be issued with an NOI and it could be found to be either an APBT in which case it's game over and no avenue of appeal or a restricted breed cross, where you then have the option to seek a temperament test.

To state that no dogs have been found to be of a resticted breed and compelled to comply with the legislation is a lie .

"and still have it declared as an APBT by a breed assessor" this is my point, there is NO one QUALIFIED to ASSES an ABPT in NSW so it is AUTOMATICALLY declared a cross breed

You could register it as a blue monkey and still have it declared as an APBT by a breed assessor.

Register it as a cross, be issued with an NOI and it could be found to be either an APBT in which case it's game over and no avenue of appeal or a restricted breed cross, where you then have the option to seek a temperament test.

To state that no dogs have been found to be of a resticted breed and compelled to comply with the legislation is a lie .

"and still have it declared as an APBT by a breed assessor" this is my point, there is NO one QUALIFIED to ASSES an ABPT in NSW so it is AUTOMATICALLY declared a cross breed

No it's automatically assumed to be to be an APBT or a Pit Bull by council , the breed assessor then determines if it's a "cross".

If they were all assumed to be a "cross" then there would be no "breed assessment" and you would go straight to tempt test.

If you register your dog as a resticted breed cross, that does not give you the automatic right to a "temp test", the dog is still issued with an NOI and subject to breed assessment. There is no temp test available without first having been assessed as a "resticted breed cross" by an authorised assessor.

Yes, there are people qualified to assess, they are the "breed assessors" who are approved and authorised under the CAA

ETA : To make it a little clearer, you cannot circumvent council by rocking up with a piece of paper that says your dog has been temp tested and passed, therefor it's not a resticted breed. The only way to obtain that TT result is via the breed assessment, then TT by an authorised temp tester.

You could have you dog temp tested by anyone at anytime, however if you do so, it will not stop council from issuing you with an NOI.

Edited by PPS

Alrit so i just want to understand one thing....since people like Poodlefan care soo much about the dogs....u should know that the typical BYB for pitbulls still exists and it is an ongoing dilemna....now lets say SYDKING wants to be a responsible owner and work hard on raising a well trained and social pitbull, wouldnt that be better than if the dog goes to the wrong person and make our problems with BSL even bigger? i mean the dogs ARE there and there is nothing you or any one else do about it....so why dont u try to give sydking some good advice and help him be responsible and raise his puppy the right way instead of jumping down his throat. I believe that positive advice and help will go alot further than bringing up thing which are not significant such as Sydking's age? i mean if he was 18 or 100 wats the difference? the dog is there i would rather see the pup be raised properly with everyone's help(if needed) than whinge and complain about pitbullls as a breed. Lets just hope that sydking acts responsibly and sets a great example for the breed through his puppy and hope it is in good hands..at the end of the day we all care about the welfare and treatment of our dogs whether it be a poodle or a pitbull or anything else...DONT LET THE MEDIA BRAIN WASH U....

thanx every1:)

Damned good post mate, At least the people who log on here, come here to increase there knowledge, not just about there breed of dog, but how to be a responsible owner, for every 1 person who logs on and takes the time to learn, theres a million others who go on there merry way, so some credit should be given for taking taking the time to learn.

No it's automatically assumed to be to be an APBT or a Pit Bull by council , the breed assessor then determines if it's a "cross".

If they were all assumed to be a "cross" then there would be no "breed assessment" and you would go straight to tempt test.

If you register your dog as a resticted breed cross, that does not give you the automatic right to a "temp test", the dog is still issued with an NOI and subject to breed assessment. There is no temp test available without first having been assessed as a "resticted breed cross" by an authorised assessor.

Yes, there are people qualified to assess, they are the "breed assessors" who are approved and authorised under the CAA

ETA : To make it a little clearer, you cannot circumvent council by rocking up with a piece of paper that says your dog has been temp tested and passed, therefor it's not a resticted breed. The only way to obtain that TT result is via the breed assessment, then TT by an authorised temp tester.

You could have you dog temp tested by anyone at anytime, however if you do so, it will not stop council from issuing you with an NOI.

you DONT register you dog as a restricted breed cross, if so your your own worst enemy, and you CANT temp test or breed asses unless you are issued with a NOI, and yes there are people qualified to asses breeds BUT LIKE I SED IN ALL MY POSTS THEIR IS NO BODY IN NSW THAT CAN BREED ASSES AN AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER.

what are your sources? if you are going to prove me wrong.

Edited by APBT

Read the CAA, it's all there in black and white, what you can and can't do and who is authorised to breed assess and temp test in NSW .

It's pretty simple and there's a DLG circular regarding the attempts to circumvent the legislation by going direct to temp test. As a result of such attempts, there are no TT's conducted as part of the due process, unless the dog in question has been breed assessed by an person authorised under the act and has been found to be of a RB cross.

Alrit so i just want to understand one thing....since people like Poodlefan care soo much about the dogs....u should know that the typical BYB for pitbulls still exists and it is an ongoing dilemna....now lets say SYDKING wants to be a responsible owner and work hard on raising a well trained and social pitbull, wouldnt that be better than if the dog goes to the wrong person and make our problems with BSL even bigger? i mean the dogs ARE there and there is nothing you or any one else do about it....so why dont u try to give sydking some good advice and help him be responsible and raise his puppy the right way instead of jumping down his throat. I believe that positive advice and help will go alot further than bringing up thing which are not significant such as Sydking's age? i mean if he was 18 or 100 wats the difference? the dog is there i would rather see the pup be raised properly with everyone's help(if needed) than whinge and complain about pitbullls as a breed. Lets just hope that sydking acts responsibly and sets a great example for the breed through his puppy and hope it is in good hands..at the end of the day we all care about the welfare and treatment of our dogs whether it be a poodle or a pitbull or anything else...DONT LET THE MEDIA BRAIN WASH U....

I couldn't give a toss about the media. Most of them wouldn't know a pitbull from a poodle anyway. I do care about intentional law breaking when it rebounds on responsible dog owners. And believe me, every negative media article has flow on effects for dogs.

There is a place in Australia where it is completely legal to own an APBT. If you give a damn about your breed why not move here, bring them out of hiding and explode the stereotype whilst obeying the law. Two hours south of Sydking's current residence he woudn't be facing any of these issues unless he raised a dangerous dog. The best advice I can give is to move to the ACT.

Or does that require a little more commitment than most of the die hard APBT fans encouraging unlawful behaviour are prepared to give?

Edited by poodlefan

Read the CAA, it's all there in black and white, what you can and can't do and who is authorised to breed assess and temp test in NSW .

It's pretty simple and there's a DLG circular regarding the attempts to circumvent the legislation by going direct to temp test. As a result of such attempts, there are no TT's conducted as part of the due process, unless the dog in question has been breed assessed by an person authorised under the act and has been found to be of a RB cross.

do you even own an American pitbull terrier?

I couldn't give a toss about the media. I do care about intentional law breaking when it rebounds on responsible dog owners. And believe me, every negative media article has flow on effects for dogs.

There is a place in Australia where it is completely legal to own an APBT. If you give a damn about your breed why not move here, bring them out of hiding and explode the stereotype whilst obeying the law. Two hours south of Sydking's current residence he woudn't be facing any of these issues unless he raised a dangerous dog.

Or does that require a little more commitment than most of the die hard APBT fans encouraging unlawful behaviour are prepared to give?

Other people law breaking and what they do should be no worry to you, but you seem to make it your concern, which is up to you.

But why worry about something you cant change, BSL or not the breed will always be around.

no different from when they banned German Shepard then the dobermans, now its the pitbulls, its just a passing phase that keep the public thinking that the government is doing something.

DLG reference is 06-67 and CAA 1988 Guideline For Breed Assessors 2006/02.

:)

fine an dandy, but do YOU own an American Pitbull terrier? and do you have first hand experience with dealing with the laws, not just reading legislation.

Edited by APBT

no different from when they banned German Shepard then the dobermans, now its the pitbulls, its just a passing phase that keep the public thinking that the government is doing something.

Couldn't agree more. However, undoing the ban is not assisted by the kinds of behaviour encouraged in this thread.

All irresponsible dog owner behaviour has the potential to create issues for the rest of us. If you think differently, you are sadly mistaken.

I couldn't give a toss about the media. Most of them wouldn't know a pitbull from a poodle anyway. I do care about intentional law breaking when it rebounds on responsible dog owners. And believe me, every negative media article has flow on effects for dogs.

There is a place in Australia where it is completely legal to own an APBT. If you give a damn about your breed why not move here, bring them out of hiding and explode the stereotype whilst obeying the law. Two hours south of Sydking's current residence he woudn't be facing any of these issues unless he raised a dangerous dog. The best advice I can give is to move to the ACT.

Thats half the problem isnt it PPS, not knowing the difference between a pitbull and a poodle.

Are you some kind of angel PPS, have you ever gone over the speed limit??? if so get of ya high horse about it being illegal. These dogs are here, and here to stay.

Edited by A_Nomad

Couldn't agree more. However, undoing the ban is not assisted by the kinds of behaviour encouraged in this thread.

All irresponsible dog owner behaviour has the potential to create issues for the rest of us. If you think differently, you are sadly mistaken.

if they banned the poodle and whippet as of tomorrow, would you get rid of your dogs and purchase another breed?

fine an dandy, but do YOU own an American Pitbull terrier? and do you have first hand experience with dealing with the laws, not just reading legislation.

Yep :laugh:

i thought you posted that you owned papered amstaffs, (sorry if im mistaken)

so do you comply with the restricted breed laws? or have yours passed the tests?

This "legislation" is what the law enforcers have to stick by.

It's important that it is adhered to by both the DLG and owners of restricted breeds.

When dealing with the laws it pays to know them. That is what PPS is trying to tell you and it is correct.

I don't like the stupid law any more than anyone else here.

Unfortunately, it's the way it is and that is that.

Knowing the law has helped many an innocent dog from ignorant and power obsessed council rangers.

You'd be wise to read up and learn.

Edited by rottiadora

Not that my driving record has anything to do with responsible dog ownership but thanks for asking. In 19 years of driving I've not had so much as a parking ticket, let alone a speeding fine :)

Poodles and Whippets are not in question here, it's ABPT and responsible dog ownership and in particular those who have ilegally purchased several years after the legislation came into being.

The OP had the option of either registering the dog for what it is, or what he believes it to be or he could request an NOI from his council and go through the process. He could demonstrate that he is a responsible dog owner who is prepared to abide by the legislation.

This "legislation" is what the law enforcers have to stick by.

It's important that it is adhered to by both the DLG and owners of restricted breeds.

When dealing with the laws it pays to know them. That is what PPS is trying to tell you and it is correct.

I don't like the stupid law any more than anyone else here.

Unfortunately, it's the way it is and that is that.

Absolutely and the more you know about them, the greater the chance that you will keep your dog legally out of a cage and be free to enjoy your dog just like the rest of us.

is not weather poodles or whippets are in question, poodlefen seem to be disturbed by all the "law breakers"

and i would like an answer to if they were banned tomorrow would she continue on the breeds or get rid of them and get different dogs?

Love some people have ACTUAL jobs,mortgages,and families to raise:) i dont know about you but we can fight the BSL anywhere and anytime because its stupid, and u say LAW like ur talking about GOD( and like you wrote it may i add)....lets have a look at black people in the states WELL BY LAW THEY COULDNT LIVE LIKE ANY OTHER WHITE MAN did they move to mexico ? no!! they stayed where they are and fought for their rights and proved everone wrong....so if you have nothing else to do in life but move states to own a specific dog then always remember that some people have A REAL LIFE in this part of the world:) tc xoxo hun:P

Edited by DntJudgeTheBreed