Help Me Register My Dog

sydking

Hi all,

:laugh: Sorry I know this is off topic but I'm still learning all the bits & pieces of BSL. Just a question, if a dog has 1/4 amstaff in it is it still on the restricted list, or if a dog is 1/2 amstaff & can prove it is Amstaff is it also restricted?? Sorry again but I thought this may be the best place to find out. :whip:

Anything less than 100% AST blood .... its NOT an AST its just a cross bred dog.

AST with 100% AST blood that finds itself born to a back yarder and thus having NO pedigree Paperwork to prove its parentage can find itself subject to the BSL.

BUY registered, save yourself the Drama.

• Like 1

I don't often come into this forum. It saddens me that I am pretty much a criminal because I went to the pound & fell in love with a dog without papers. It's depressing that there is so much fighting in this forum, often it seems to me this forum makes us enemies of each other & when of all issues BSL should be the one to unite all dog lovers.

I just have this to say:

Please stop fighting. They've come for the APBT, they're going for the Staffies & Rottis, the media is looking to victimise mastiffs too now.

Please support all of us whose dogs are jeopardised due to an unjust law. We really need all the help we can get at the moment. Divided we fall, united we might just stand a hope in hell.

You could always go and request an NOI from your council, have your dog breed assessed, that way you wouldn't have to feel like a criminal for having a dog without papers, you'd have a slip of paper that says you're not.

PPS- what would stop council saying that wobbly's dog is a pitbull if done as you suggest, thats just going looking for trouble.

I don't often come into this forum. It saddens me that I am pretty much a criminal because I went to the pound & fell in love with a dog without papers. It's depressing that there is so much fighting in this forum, often it seems to me this forum makes us enemies of each other & when of all issues BSL should be the one to unite all dog lovers.

I just have this to say:

Please stop fighting. They've come for the APBT, they're going for the Staffies & Rottis, the media is looking to victimise mastiffs too now.

Please support all of us whose dogs are jeopardised due to an unjust law. We really need all the help we can get at the moment. Divided we fall, united we might just stand a hope in hell.

You could always go and request an NOI from your council, have your dog breed assessed, that way you wouldn't have to feel like a criminal for having a dog without papers, you'd have a slip of paper that says you're not.

PPS- what would stop council saying that wobbly's dog is a pitbull if done as you suggest, thats just going looking for trouble.

As the legislation stands at the moment, once you have a dog breed assessed you lose your right of appeal to challenge the decision. Once the breed assessor has made a decision that's it.

You can only be issued with one NOI and you only get one crack at assessent.

You can beat council to the punch if you want to and I know of favourable outcomes from owners seeking NOI and breed assessment off their own back. Beat council to it and there's nothing they can do about it.

:laugh:

Personally I think that all pound and rescue dogs who could come under ranger scrutiny in NSW should be NOI'd and breed assessed prior to adoption. That way adopters know they have a 100% legal breed or cross of dog and it's not going to cause them any issues with council at a later date. They are then bound buy the same legislation as everyone else.

If you are going down that road, you need to be prepared that your dog may be assessed as an RB cross and that it's going to pass the temp test after breed ID.

Hi all,

:whip: Sorry I know this is off topic but I'm still learning all the bits & pieces of BSL. Just a question, if a dog has 1/4 amstaff in it is it still on the restricted list, or if a dog is 1/2 amstaff & can prove it is Amstaff is it also restricted?? Sorry again but I thought this may be the best place to find out. :p

Anything less than 100% AST blood .... its NOT an AST its just a cross bred dog.

AST with 100% AST blood that finds itself born to a back yarder and thus having NO pedigree Paperwork to prove its parentage can find itself subject to the BSL.

I understand what your saying. I own 4 papered amstaffs but was wanting to know if a person has a dog that is 1/2 amstaff & can prove that its amstaff parent is papered how do they stand with BSL.

PS I'm not condoning byb just trying to learn to keep my dogs as safe as I can. :laugh:

poodlefan does know it, so do I...unless you were lying when you said "My name is ****. I'm an 18-year-old male from Australia..." on a different forum.

who are you to state that im 18? dont state my age if you DONT know it.
  • Like 1

Youre making a fool of yourself here mate, why can't somebody who has one breed of dogs also like any other breed or know anything about any other breed, when you owned staffs did you hate APBTs, do you hate staffs now you have an APBT? Probably not, now stop trying to insult other people and worry about what youre going to do with a dog you have nowhere to keep and don't want to register. And the saying is what is boils down to, not what is BALLS down to, youre showing your age there mate. A few more years at school oughta fix that.

you like poodles, we like pitbulls, end of story.

thats pretty much what it balls down to, well put

• Like 1

Hi all,

:whip: Sorry I know this is off topic but I'm still learning all the bits & pieces of BSL. Just a question, if a dog has 1/4 amstaff in it is it still on the restricted list, or if a dog is 1/2 amstaff & can prove it is Amstaff is it also restricted?? Sorry again but I thought this may be the best place to find out. :p

I understand what your saying. I own 4 papered amstaffs but was wanting to know if a person has a dog that is 1/2 amstaff & can prove that its amstaff parent is papered how do they stand with BSL.

PS I'm not condoning byb just trying to learn to keep my dogs as safe as I can. :laugh:

You'd need to start looking at cases where parentage has been proven by DNA and accepted.

I don't know of anyone in NSW who has taken on the council in court rather than go straight to breed ID.

I know of some that have come under ranger scrutiny and during the 7 days prior to the issuing of the NOI, have been able to prove to council that they do not have a resticted breed and council has taken it no further. You have the opportunity to appeal to council before they issue it.

All I can suggest is if you live in NSW and you have an unregistered Amstaff or a cross breed of any kind that may come under ranger scrutiny, you get together any supporting evidence that will prove your dog not to be of a restricted breed.

If you have nothing and a ranger says it's a Pit Bull, can either opt to PTS at that point, accept the declaration and lock your dog up as per the requirements or go off to a breed ID, which may or may not go in your favour.

I do not know of one person who has been in contact with me, that knew of their rights under the CAA and average Joe is intimidated and threatened by rangers into handing over and destroying their dog. I am still getting calls from people who have been told to destroy their dogs and have opted to do so, not knowing that there is a due process.

how do they prove the other half? If it looks like a restricted breed cross and they deem it so there's no leg to stand on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Im tired i cant really think of a way to put it more diplomatically right now so instead let me edit and just say yes i agree with this
This notion that world abstinence from pitbull purchase will somehow prove we're all responsible, and in turn destroy BSL, is utter crap. I think the most successful method of fighting BSL is to show this law all the respect it deserves: none. When the world realises that these breeds will still thrive despite their feeble, pathetic and uneducated attempts at eradication, BSL will be abolished.

HIGHLY AGREEE:)

Alrit so i just want to understand one thing....since people like Poodlefan care soo much about the dogs....u should know that the typical BYB for pitbulls still exists and it is an ongoing dilemna....now lets say SYDKING wants to be a responsible owner and work hard on raising a well trained and social pitbull, wouldnt that be better than if the dog goes to the wrong person and make our problems with BSL even bigger? i mean the dogs ARE there and there is nothing you or any one else do about it....so why dont u try to give sydking some good advice and help him be responsible and raise his puppy the right way instead of jumping down his throat. I believe that positive advice and help will go alot further than bringing up thing which are not significant such as Sydking's age? i mean if he was 18 or 100 wats the difference? the dog is there i would rather see the pup be raised properly with everyone's help(if needed) than whinge and complain about pitbullls as a breed. Lets just hope that sydking acts responsibly and sets a great example for the breed through his puppy and hope it is in good hands..at the end of the day we all care about the welfare and treatment of our dogs whether it be a poodle or a pitbull or anything else...DONT LET THE MEDIA BRAIN WASH U....

thanx every1:)

there is no registration body for APBT's in NSW all dogs must be declared cross bred and are then eligible for a temperament test

no one in NSW can say your dog is an purebred American pitbull, so its auto declared a cross, unless you registered it as a restricted breed in the first place.

the temperament assessment isn't too hard too pass(the people that did mine told me only around 2% of pit bulls fail

Edited by APBT

Thats why we love em:) great breed, put the effort and bring them up right and u will be rewarded with a companion that is loyal and willing with love as big as anything

well put

there is no registration body for APBT's in NSW all dogs must be declared cross bred and are then eligible for a temperament test

no one in NSW can say your dog is an purebred American pitbull, so its auto declared a cross, unless you registered it as a restricted breed in the first place.

the temperament assessment isn't too hard too pass(the people that did mine told me only around 2% of pit bulls fail

WRONG

NOI's have been issued and dogs have failed breed ID and have been declared to be of a resticted breed.

There have been many that have been declared to be of a resticted breed cross, the owners then have the option of undergoing a temperament test ( by a person authorised under the act ) at their expense.

Any ranger in NSW can suspect your dog to be of a "resticted breed or cross " any authorised breed assessor can declare it to be one.

ETA: APBT, if your statement is correct, then there's nothing stopping the OP from doing the right thing, being a responsible dog owner and requesting an NOI from council :thumbsup:

Edited by PPS
  • Like 1

WRONG

NOI's have been issued and dogs have failed breed ID and have been declared to be of a resticted breed.

There have been many that have been declared to be of a resticted breed cross, the owners then have the option of undergoing a temperament test ( by a person authorised under the act ) at their expense.

Any ranger in NSW can suspect your dog to be of a "resticted breed or cross " any authorised breed assessor can declare it to be one.

ETA: APBT, if your statement is correct, then there's nothing stopping the OP from doing the right thing, being a responsible dog owner and requesting an NOI from council :thumbsup:

how is it wrong, my eg if you have American pitbull and you chip and register it as a pitbull then you must comply with the resticted breed laws, but if you have a pitbull and chip and register as a CROSS breed, then when you are issued with an NOI you say you dog is a cross breed not pure, thats why you CANT get papers, then you go onto a BREED id, but like i sed there is no body in NSW for APBT's so it is automatically declared a cross breed therefore you go get a temperament test done. and if you dog passes it lives any any other normal dog would.

You could register it as a blue monkey and still have it declared as an APBT by a breed assessor.

Register it as a cross, be issued with an NOI and it could be found to be either an APBT in which case it's game over and no avenue of appeal or a restricted breed cross, where you then have the option to seek a temperament test.

To state that no dogs have been found to be of a resticted breed and compelled to comply with the legislation is a lie .

• Like 1