Sore Bum After Diahorrea

storm

Have a little dog that since coming is has been wormed completely and due to a change of food has had the runs for a while. Has been vet checked and all is well given scourban and on a diet of

boiled chicken and rice for a few days.

His bottom is quite raw and it is bothering him. Is there anything I can apply to help it feel better but without causing any problems?

I was thinking baby nappy rash cream?

Lanolin! Best stuff ever because it will allow the skin to have a bit of give and keep it moisturised so that the skin won't dry out too much and split (and it'll provide a barrier between the air and the sore).

And because it's a natural oil, you don't have to worry about your dog licking it and getting sick!

Paw Paw Ointment or Curash.

Drop the rice from his diet. Not needed.

Paw Paw, thanks I have that and didnt even give it a though. :)

The vet suggested chicken and rice, will plain bolied chicken be enough for a few days?

Its been ages since I had a funny belly puppy and cant remember anything

Thanks

Lanolin! Best stuff ever because it will allow the skin to have a bit of give and keep it moisturised so that the skin won't dry out too much and split (and it'll provide a barrier between the air and the sore).

And because it's a natural oil, you don't have to worry about your dog licking it and getting sick!

is it just called lanolin cream? and I take it I can get to from the chemist?

I am going to start a book on ideas that everyone has not just for this but for other bits and piece as I suck in remembering

Thanks heaps

The vet suggested chicken and rice, will plain bolied chicken be enough for a few days?

Yep will be just fine with chicken.

You could also try giving some slippery elm as it's good for upset tummies. You can sprinkle it onto the chicken or I have made it up into the paste and drawn it up into a syringe and syringed it down pugs throats.

Edited by puggy_puggy

When my previous dog had upset tummies (were very frequent) the only thing that seemed to help was boiled rice and lean boiled chicken. The chicken alone didnt stop the vomitting or diahorrea. I gave some of the broth of the rice on recommendation of the vet. Eventually the episodes were more and more frequent and had a few pancreatitis episodes and had to be on i/d diet most of last year before given her wings.

I have heard very good things about Curash. I have it in my kit for hot spots. :)

yep we use curash/paw paw basically anything that will give a protection cover & heal.

We do chicken & pumpkin here & will aslo give flora max tabs from the chemist to reline the gut with good bactera.

We fined the tabs better than the yoghurt as they possess a higher number of good flora

yep we use curash/paw paw basically anything that will give a protection cover & heal.

We do chicken & pumpkin here & will aslo give flora max tabs from the chemist to reline the gut with good bactera.

We fined the tabs better than the yoghurt as they possess a higher number of good flora

With the flora max tablets is that the complete name? Do you crush it or just give hole?