The Time Has Come..

Kelpie_Pup

I knew this day would come, I was just hoping it wasn't going to happen so soon!!

Today, for the first time, Halle decided she has given up her puppy ways and taken herself into the world of adulthood :eek:

(After 12 months of jumping on people as they walk ouside, all of a sudden she has decided its not necessary and realised she'll gat a pat and cuddle either way)

So.. I now want another puppy!!!!!!

We had decided before we got Halle that we would always get another dog(another kelpie) and had also decided we wouldn't get one until Halle had well and truly demonstrated to us that she was over her silly puppy ways (they dont seem so silly and annoying anymore).

So here we are.. on our way to start looking for another puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Today, for the first time, Halle decided she has given up her puppy ways and taken herself into the world of adulthood :eek:

(After 12 months of jumping on people as they walk ouside, all of a sudden she has decided its not necessary and realised she'll gat a pat and cuddle either way)

could this be caused merely by the heat and being outside?

Today, for the first time, Halle decided she has given up her puppy ways and taken herself into the world of adulthood :confused:

could this be caused merely by the heat and being outside?

It's not hot where we are today.. she's been getting progressively better lately as well. Don't worry, we'll make sure it wasn't just a one off :mad

How exciting!! Another puppy, I think you are so brave after having one puppy i'm not sure i'd do it over again, lol!

When are you going to start looking, are you going to the same breeder as Halle? Boy or girl? Same colour?

Oh its exciting!!!

Looking pretty much now, but wanting one in about July'ish. Different breeder (a few things I didn't like about last one), another girl and RED AND TAN!!!!

Diva We must be insane.. its not what we're looking for LOL but we're resigned ourselves to it-and its kind of nice to come home to as well :( ALl our guests know she is a nutter and-thank god- are never caught out when she jumps on them! It's been fun :birthday:

How very exciting!!

Have you thought of getting a boy this time, pairs of dogs I've known seem much happier when kept in opposite sex pairs.

We haven't given too much thought about the dynamics of the pair just yet... it's not set in concrete yet :confused:

I guess we want another girl because we prefer female dogs... for our own reasons I guess. My partner has always owned female dogs, so I guess we like what we know :mad I also prefer female dogs.. I think in general, from what I've seen of male dogs I know, they mark everything and just have different mentalities..

But we are most open to sugestions and advice if its what is best for the dogs

How exciting!! Another puppy, I think you are so brave after having one puppy i'm not sure i'd do it over again, lol!

When are you going to start looking, are you going to the same breeder as Halle? Boy or girl? Same colour?

Oh its exciting!!!

Looking pretty much now, but wanting one in about July'ish. Different breeder (a few things I didn't like about last one), another girl and RED AND TAN!!!!

Wow, I'm really excited for you! And you've just been through Halle so you should be very experienced at puppy rearing lol. What colour is Halle, is she red and tan as well?

It might be awhile away, but can't wait to see pics, lol! Good luck in finding your puppy, puppy shopping is fun! (and stressful... )

Oh its exciting!!!

Wow, I'm really excited for you! And you've just been through Halle so you should be very experienced at puppy rearing lol. What colour is Halle, is she red and tan as well?

It might be awhile away, but can't wait to see pics, lol! Good luck in finding your puppy, puppy shopping is fun! (and stressful... )

He he, puppy shopping is the best part! I love looking at all the different breeders and what they do etc, what their pups are like..

Halle is Black and tan (with a little white splash down her front and belly). Now we have to decide whether we'll get a boy or girl... Will have to do some research into that

I have a blue and tan male here that is about 10 months old that would love a new home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is really friendly and gets olong with others well and just wants to play.

He sounds lovely but my son has an 8 y/o dog atm & he's just preparing for the time when she's no longer with us. It doesn't hurt to be prepared. Do you breed?

No I don't breed. I just buy them when I am ready for the next one.

I got this one the other day just to be rehomed. But he is lovely. I have 4 dogs here at the moment so would like to off load the Blue boy soon if possible.

Kelpiepup, if neither of you have had a male than you do not know what you are missing. For a pet I would choose a male over a female anytime, but particularly if you already have a female.

Where should I be looking for some info on that?

Im interested in you opinion too.. why do u say that ? Im just curious :thumbsup: