Seizuers

:thumbsup:

HI there. I have a siberian husky called musky. Back in october i went looking for a puppyy to play with my puppy molly.

I came accross musky a return puppy, it was thought he had a seizure and wasn't wanted.

Hes had every test under the sun apart from an MRI.

About every 5-6 wks we would start having cluster seizures, they would last for 3 days and be about 3 hrs apart. He is now on Phenobarb and epibrom. He is still having seizures but not as bad.

My problem is that no vet wants to deal with him and none seem to know what they are doing.

Nobody knows how much medication he needs or for how long.

He is a great dog with a great personality i would hate to put him down without a full understanding of the situation.

He just had another dash of seizures, this time it was 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening, we have put his medicaton up and it has stopped him seizing.

PLease help me!!!!

Angela

:thumbsup:

HI there. I have a siberian husky called musky. Back in october i went looking for a puppyy to play with my puppy molly.

I came accross musky a return puppy, it was thought he had a seizure and wasn't wanted.

Hes had every test under the sun apart from an MRI.

About every 5-6 wks we would start having cluster seizures, they would last for 3 days and be about 3 hrs apart. He is now on Phenobarb and epibrom. He is still having seizures but not as bad.

My problem is that no vet wants to deal with him and none seem to know what they are doing.

Nobody knows how much medication he needs or for how long.

He is a great dog with a great personality i would hate to put him down without a full understanding of the situation.

He just had another dash of seizures, this time it was 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening, we have put his medicaton up and it has stopped him seizing.

PLease help me!!!!

Angela

I am sure others will have recommendations for a vet. But it may not be the vet's not wanting to deal with Musky, but rather, not having a silver bullet and feeling awkward because he/she doesn't have an elegant way to deal with a distressing situation. There are some things that veterinary medicine doesn't have down pat. So you may have to do the hardest thing of all, hang in there with the uncertainty and worry and keep your fingers crossed.

In the little experience I've had with seizures, the diagnosis can be difficult, and figuring out the medication can take some trial and error. Some of the meds make the dog so groggy they can't do anything, though they get through that in time. Sometimes the meds work. Sometimes not.

I hope it all works out for you and you get down to a stable regime.

Seizures can be caused by Vaccinations & Heartworm injection, and if this is the case , no amount of mainstream vet tests etc will help...............If this is the case with your furkid, then a Homeopathic vet & detoxing the dog could well cure him!

Seizures can be caused by Vaccinations & Heartworm injection, and if this is the case , no amount of mainstream vet tests etc will help...............If this is the case with your furkid, then a Homeopathic vet & detoxing the dog could well cure him!

THank u. We were told he may had a brain tumor that hes to young for juvinial epilespe. HOw do u find out if its the vaccs or worms causing it??

We have him on a preservative and additive free diet and all the rest of it but were told those were not the case if u have more info plz let me know. Thankingg u