Leighs Friend

rish

I have told u about Leigh,she was brought for my son,but has taken to me,well here is alittle story.

My dearheart died after 14years about a year ago,so finally i was ready for a new 1,we knocked on the door and 3 puppies were brought out (app,they mate them to death!) i got to pick the cutest pure white 1 (bitch) 1 male was left with a ugly female.

Well MinMin has turned out to be a full breed Maltise terrier !!! ,the vet said it can happen in about %99.9,funny thing is,my son went and brought the UGLY dog for his sister,called Kreepy,she makes the 3rd of my girls,she has legs that dont stop and ugly hair and is the most lovable unbiased dog iv ever met (Daughter had to move),while my MInMIN loves my husband. :rofl:

I tried t d/l some pics of all-and the camera doesnt d/l to the prog im running :rofl:

So now u know my 3 girls,2 with skin conditions !

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i got a pure=breed for $80,i though it was worth telling :)

I have told u about Leigh,she was brought for my son,but has taken to me,well here is alittle story.

My dearheart died after 14years about a year ago,so finally i was ready for a new 1,we knocked on the door and 3 puppies were brought out (app,they mate them to death!) i got to pick the cutest pure white 1 (bitch) 1 male was left with a ugly female.

Well MinMin has turned out to be a full breed Maltise terrier !!! ,the vet said it can happen in about %99.9,funny thing is,my son went and brought the UGLY dog for his sister,called Kreepy,she makes the 3rd of my girls,she has legs that dont stop and ugly hair and is the most lovable unbiased dog iv ever met (Daughter had to move),while my MInMIN loves my husband. :o

I tried t d/l some pics of all-and the camera doesnt d/l to the prog im running :(

So now u know my 3 girls,2 with skin conditions !

i am pleased i got them,i woudnt buy from a "farmer" but whats wrong with buying from the back yard ?

Unless a puppy was bred by a registered breeder and has pedigree papers from their states canine council you can never really tell if it is a pedigree.

:rofl::(

Sounds like you are pleased you bought your dogs from backyard breeders or puppy farmers.

we give her pills every other day (that was MINMIN-and her sister (kreepy ) has it to

Thanks for ur happy reply !:rofl:

Unless a puppy was bred by a registered breeder and has pedigree papers from their states canine council you can never really tell if it is a pedigree.

:rofl::(

Sounds like you are pleased you bought your dogs from backyard breeders or puppy farmers.

You state yourself rish that the place you got your dogs from just bred their dogs over and over again. How is this a good thing?

Backyard Breeders are sually a scaled down version of Puppy Farmers. They have no interest in the dog other then to make money out of puppies. They do no genetic testing, breed dogs that are not good examples of the breed or research which dogs would be best to mate together. All they do is put two dogs together and hope for puppies they can sell at high prices.

http://www.trahernbt.com/puppiesfromabackyard.html

http://www.petrescue.com.au/article/592

http://www.dog-e-data.com.au/saynotobackyardbreeders.asp

What is wrong with your dogs that they are on tablets everyday?

name='rish' date='4th Feb 2009 - 10:14 PM' post='3394714']

and i got a pure=breed for $80,i though it was worth telling :rofl:

Rish-

When you buy a puppy from a registered breeder you are not paying $1000 for a 'puppy' You are paying for a companion who has been fed, vaccinated, wormed and cared for, vet checked and given a clean bill of health. You are also paying for a puppy who's parents have been screened for genetic disease and have been carefully bred to produce the healthiest of pups. You are paying not for the kennels 'name' or reputation but for life-long support from a breeder who wants the best possible homes for each and every puppy they breed. All these things cost a great amount of time and money.

Getting a pup from a back-yard breeder or puppy farm who breeds with no regards for their dogs welfare is not a 'bargain', pure bred or not. You may have saved a few hundred dollars now but it could cost thousands in vet bills later down the track. Buying from these people only encourages them to breed more...

I am not saying that you dont love your dogs, you obviously care about them and want to share their story with the world, but please dont buy from people like this EVER again.

Look after your dogs, be kind to them, and dont let then suffer like their parents. Hopefully they will be lucky and not suffer from any major health probs. You mentioned that 2 have skin conditions... have they been checked for fleas, mites, lice etc? There is a good chance that they may have something like this if they have come from a BYB. Try bathing them in a soothing sensitive skin shampoo and conditioner from your vets and get them checked out if you haven't already.

Hope this gives you an understanding of why some people may react the way they did to your post... Please have a look at the link below, you may be shocked :(

http://www.wheredopuppiescomefrom.com.au/

.Thanks for the info,iv never though that way,yes my daughter said they breed them to death,we i got mine she said it was the last litter,i now dont believe that.

MimMIM and Kreepy have excma (sp)

You state yourself rish that the place you got your dogs from just bred their dogs over and over again. How is this a good thing?

Backyard Breeders are sually a scaled down version of Puppy Farmers. They have no interest in the dog other then to make money out of puppies. They do no genetic testing, breed dogs that are not good examples of the breed or research which dogs would be best to mate together. All they do is put two dogs together and hope for puppies they can sell at high prices.

.Thanks for the info,iv never though that way,yes my daughter said they breed them to death,we i got mine she said it was the last litter,i now dont believe that.

MimMIM and Kreepy have excma (sp)

Thanks for the info,iv never though that way,yes my daughter said they breed them to death,we i got mine she said it was the last litter,i now dont believe that.

MimMIM and Kreepy have excma,our dogs are our best friends (now the kids have left home -LOL (JOKE !!!) we only have our 10 boy left (were old-46-JOKE AGAIN ! http://www.geocities.com/my_daniel_spaniel/ (thats our premmie if u want a look)

We take them to the vets/and care for them as children,

(sp)

and i got a pure=breed for $80,i though it was worth telling :rolleyes:

Rish-

When you buy a puppy from a registered breeder you are not paying $1000 for a 'puppy' You are paying for a companion who has been fed, vaccinated, wormed and cared for, vet checked and given a clean bill of health. You are also paying for a puppy who's parents have been screened for genetic disease and have been carefully bred to produce the healthiest of pups. You are paying not for the kennels 'name' or reputation but for life-long support from a breeder who wants the best possible homes for each and every puppy they breed. All these things cost a great amount of time and money.

Getting a pup from a back-yard breeder or puppy farm who breeds with no regards for their dogs welfare is not a 'bargain', pure bred or not. You may have saved a few hundred dollars now but it could cost thousands in vet bills later down the track. Buying from these people only encourages them to breed more...

I am not saying that you dont love your dogs, you obviously care about them and want to share their story with the world, but please dont buy from people like this EVER again.

Look after your dogs, be kind to them, and dont let then suffer like their parents. Hopefully they will be lucky and not suffer from any major health probs. You mentioned that 2 have skin conditions... have they been checked for fleas, mites, lice etc? There is a good chance that they may have something like this if they have come from a BYB. Try bathing them in a soothing sensitive skin shampoo and conditioner from your vets and get them checked out if you haven't already.

Hope this gives you an understanding of why some people may react the way they did to your post... Please have a look at the link below, you may be shocked :)

:laugh: :laugh:

: :rolleyes: :) :)

Thanks for the info,iv never though that way,yes my daughter said they breed them to death,we i got mine she said it was the last litter,i now dont believe that.

MimMIM and Kreepy have excma,our dogs are our best friends (now the kids have left home -LOL (JOKE !!!) we only have our 10 boy left (were old-46-JOKE AGAIN ! http://www.geocities.com/my_daniel_spaniel/ (thats our premmie if u want a look)

We take them to the vets/and care for them as children,

(sp)

and i got a pure=breed for $80,i though it was worth telling :love:

Rish-

Hope this gives you an understanding of why some people may react the way they did to your post... Please have a look at the link below, you may be shocked :love:

Sometimes that's all true. From personal experience as a buyer of pups from registered breeders, I assure you it is not at all certain.

This is certainly true. Love your dogs, but pls don't be tempted again by those who breed dogs 'to death'. Sometimes it's literally true.

• 3 weeks later...
Well MinMin has turned out to be a full breed Maltise terrier !!! ,the vet said it can happen in about %99.9,

I don't understand what the vet means??

For future reference, the Maltese are not a terrier. You can have a Maltese crossed with a terrier, but if the dog is a pure bred it is simply a Maltese. However.... you don't know that the dog is a pure bred, unless you have pedigree papers. :cheer: