Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! What sort of puppy are you buying? Will we see you around the show-ring?

I'm sure YOU are aware, but there is no point buying a so-called "pure-bred" dog of a breed UNRECOGNIZED by the ANKC, because you can't show the dog as it is basically nothing more than a mutt. I 'know' someone who has recently done this and I just do not see the point.

Obviously you could compete in agility & obedience etc but this will be as an ASSOCIATE entry due to the 'mutt' not being fully registered with DogsVic. :)

Type delete type delete - totally speechless. :laugh:

I am referring to MISTAKES made by some people.

If you wish to buy a cross-bred dog and trial it, then so be it... great!

BUT! I am aware of people who have NOT done their homework, and purchased from a 'kennel' what they BELIEVED to be a PURE-BRED dog, only to discover later that while their dog may be 'pure', it is of a breed unrecognized by the ANKC, so therefore, can NOT compete in the disciplines they had intended to when the dog was purchased!

I am NOT speaking ill of cross-bred dogs, but rather shedding light on what happens when misinformed people purchase a dog!

Geez, MY first dog was a cross-breed and probably the BEST dog I have EVER owned!

I think you may need to re-rtead my original post, Jess. :)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jerojath - can I ask which "breed" you would be refering too ?

Any breed currently in Australia, NOT recognized by the ANKC.

Agility and Obedience catalogues are full of Associates, really doesn't matter to most people.

It's really about tact and you don't seem have any whatsoever...

jerojath - can I ask which "breed" you would be refering too ?

Any breed currently in Australia, NOT recognized by the ANKC.

Agility and Obedience catalogues are full of Associates, really doesn't matter to most people.

It's really about tact and you don't seem have any whatsoever...

and dogs that are on the working dog register

1.18 Working Koolie Association Australia

Delegates resolved that:

* the Working Koolie Association Australia be recognised as an ANKC Recognised Working Dog Association or Kindred Body.

* Koolie dogs registered with the Working Koolie Association be permitted to be registered on the ANKC Sporting Register

Just thought I would add

Koolies registered with the Koolie Club of Australia, are able to be registered on the VCA, RNSWCC & CCCQ state sporting registers. This allows koolies to compete in dog sports run by those governing bodies and be recognized as Koolies on awards etc. Koolies are not able to be bench shown. Dogs are NOT required to be de-sexed to be registered on Sporting Registers.

I was under the belief that "mutts " had to be desexed to compete ???

Edited by sheree_e4

* Koolie dogs registered with the Working Koolie Association be permitted to be registered on the ANKC Sporting Register

Yeah, but you can't prance them around a ring so they must still be mutts...

No, just ensuring their purity... something which wont happen on a "working dog register".

Just thought I would add

Koolies registered with the Koolie Club of Australia, are able to be registered on the VCA, RNSWCC & CCCQ state sporting registers. This allows koolies to compete in dog sports run by those governing bodies and be recognized as Koolies on awards etc. Koolies are not able to be bench shown. Dogs are NOT required to be de-sexed to be registered on Sporting Registers.

I was under the belief that "mutts " had to be desexed to compete ???

Well I wasn't referring to Koolies in the first place, but all you've done is confirm what I said in the first place...

Unrecognized breeds CAN be trialled, NOT shown.

Hi Guys, hope everyone has had a good weekend, the weathers been ok, We are heading up to the hosptial tomorow for our induction so our visits with the newly recruited Delta dogs won't be far away now. Really looking forward to it!

TLC, do the patients get to say if they want the dogs in there or not

How do you go in mixed wards if a patient has a dog allergy